Senior Tech 100+ Posts

any companies laying off ?

any companies laying off ? now if so how many

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: any companies laying off ?

Quote Originally Posted by toddanderson View Post
    any companies laying off ? now if so how many
    All I heard from my friend who is a service mgr at a large dealer is most of the techs & office people were told to apply for unemployment until further notice.

As for my small business it is dead in the water. First time I've had to dip into savings to pay taxes, etc.

Hope this Corona crap passes quicker than they are saying. One of my favorite beers was Corona but after this not sure I will ever be able to crack one open

Can't get into this with out putting my tinfoil hat on.
    This is going to have devastating economic impact, some counties just can't handle it.

Like i have mentioned before, i am out of a pay check next month . Not loosing my job but until these machines are not running its bad news for me.
    But there is my toner sales and cash services that helps me pay rent and buy food.
    If you are running a company make sure you don't drain the life out of it.
    Need at least a 3de of your yearly turnover set and ready to deal with strategic changes and emergencies.
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Yes, we have laid off.

One road tech, we still have calls trickling in. Tech's discretion on taking the call or not..... so far so good.

I do mostly remote fix, so for now from home.

For the customers who are still going, the scenario seems to be very limited staff onsite. Prints and copies have stopped. I'm seeing a lot of "scanning" calls....how to type calls. People in house scanning doc's to those working remotely.

Counting on contract revenue to carry, for the time being, the problem being that because the straight CPC contracts are an easy sell.....we have a lot....that's going to bite us in the ass.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yep, slow, started 2 weeks ago when the closures started, we've had 2-3 calls a day last week, this week 1-2, toner sales, contract customers, can see this going into late summer before getting better. Hang on to your pants/wallets, they are going to take a shellacking. Cut back on spending, adjust doing not doing this like we have always done. This is certainly going to be a heck of a ride like never before. the power that be, have decided that this country needed an adjustment, for better or for worst, we are here. But one thing, never have doubt, there is a greater power that stands beside us and that we should never fear that everything will be alright, when you believe and trust in the almighty. God Bless America! We will come thru and will be greater and more profitable than ever! Just trust....

2 techs, 4 in sales/admin furloughed.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Things have slowed down. I think for the most part I'm still living off lasts months work. I made a few sales last recently. I can't imagine a copier purchase being a priority from this point forward. I have service plans and I've seen those numbers dropping. The real hit has begun this month. Hopefully nobody is retiring soon. With the stock market the way it is right now, it will take years to recover.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

14 techs on furlough on my team and i heard it was worse up the ladder. 4 weeks furlough

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yep! We had tech layoffs and the techs that are working have been reduced to 32 hour weeks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    Yep! We had tech layoffs and the techs that are working have been reduced to 32 hour weeks
    same