MX-B707F , MX-B557F ,

looks like Lexmark products

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp new printer

Re: Sharp new printer

Wondering about Cost Per Page on these units
    Anyone with experience yet?

Toner for these "Lexarps" are expensive. The MX-C607P for example, all inclusive comes out to .02 for mono and .10 color. And this is at the standard yield of 6% black, 20% for the colors - 5% for each color. If they use more than yield, which they will, these contracts could go upside down quickly. I'm not sure how we are going to price these. Anyone had any good ideas?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

We are both a Sharp and Lexmark BSD dealer. Our cost on supplies for the "Sharpmarks" are actually cheaper than the same version from Lexmark for the models I have researched. There are a few model with crazy supply prices which we never sold as a Lexmark and will not sell as a Sharp.

Years ago Sharp sold an AR-651 that was a Toshiba and at the time it was our only choice for schools. Not dealing directly with the manufactuer was a pain. Firmware lagged, parts manuals where not down to the nuts and bolts and service documentation took forever to trickle down to Sharp if ever. Support was a joke. I have the same fear with the Sharpmarks.

MX-C507F & MX-C407F we have sold tons of as these as the XC4150, XC4140
    MX-C607P sold 1 C6160
    MX-C507P sold tons as the C4150
    MX-C407P none sold, high cpp

MX-B707F none sold
    MX-B557 sold 6 as the XM7355

Quote Originally Posted by donking289 View Post
    Toner for these "Lexarps" are expensive. The MX-C607P for example, all inclusive comes out to .02 for mono and .10 color. And this is at the standard yield of 6% black, 20% for the colors - 5% for each color. If they use more than yield, which they will, these contracts could go upside down quickly. I'm not sure how we are going to price these. Anyone had any good ideas?
    I think you are using MSRP to calculate and getting those high rates. Do you know how much mark up there is from Delaer Cost to MSRP? Something like $300 mark up for a color toner, $823 mark up on the PM kit. We never calculate or sell anything at MSRP.

These are calculated with Sharp cost with a 40%GP. I have found that not all of them are crazy expensive. Some are just a little expensive.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Sharp new printer

,,, if Sharp does not carry parts for these models and you have to buy them online, parts and assemblies are very expensive.

This is Lexmark's business model. Give away the mainframe but all accessories, parts and consumables will be expensive.

... Lexmark's have their pro and cons. Right now the biggest con is that Lexmark is minimum two months behind on shipping most product.

... Sharpmarks might be good for now but when it comes time to reorder it could be awhile before you receive any inventory.

Any product that you like, when you sell one, immediately order three more.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp new printer

I've been trying to get a Lexmark printer for a client. I second the lacking availability and poor supply chain.
    Wondering if the Sharp's suffer same procurement issues.

I have been given a time frame from Lexmark for ship dates on BSD models and it is a bit ugly. Some are as far out as 120 days. Sharp has the Sharpmarks but not the supples from what I have seen.

I orderd 6ea. M3250 printers on 4/2 and they arrived yesterday. Still waiting on a bunch of accessories that I had on the order. We have several machines we can't deliver becasue we don't have the accessories yet.

I was under the impression that all non-BSD engine production has ended until they catch up with fulfilling BSD printer/engine orders.

I would assume that Sharp wouldn't get any more Sharpmarks until Lexmark is able to fill orders to their dealers.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Sharp new printer

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    I have been given a time frame from Lexmark for ship dates on BSD models and it is a bit ugly. Some are as far out as 120 days. Sharp has the Sharpmarks but not the supples from what I have seen.

I orderd 6ea. M3250 printers on 4/2 and they arrived yesterday. Still waiting on a bunch of accessories that I had on the order. We have several machines we can't deliver becasue we don't have the accessories yet.

I was under the impression that all non-BSD engine production has ended until they catch up with fulfilling BSD printer/engine orders.

I would assume that Sharp wouldn't get any more Sharpmarks until Lexmark is able to fill orders to their dealers.
    ... I have the impression that Lexmark has temporarily suspended all white label product shipments. OEM shipments like Toshmarks continue but average at least 60-90 day delays. For the next few months, you cannot count on Lexmark as a reliable supplier. You definitely need to overstock toner to protect your customer base.

To be fair to Lexmark, these delays probably has something to do with the current global microchip shortage, the long logistical shipping delays involved when shipping product to North America from their factories in China and the large increase in demand from home office workers.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 06-04-2021 at 02:35 PM.