Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tool bag

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: tool bag

Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    I am still in love with my Tech Pack (backpack) from Veto Pro-Pac. Yes, they are expensive. Yes, they are heavy even when empty. But it is easily the best, most durable, tool bag I've found.
    I've got the Tech Pack MC-LT backpack, its a little small and heavy for a everyday carry, especially for production stuff with all the special tools you need, wish I would have gotten the full sized tech pack. I'm using a CH Ellis W600 roller now 2 weeks in so far not bad.

Backpacks all the way. You want to have your hands free for toner, pm kits, vaccum, etc

I used a Klein Tools electrician backpack for 6 years. It was strong, durable and worth the money. A year ago switched to the Milwaukee job site backpack. its a good backpack, bigger than the Kleins, but im sure is not going to last the same 6 years.

Pros of the Kleins:
    -heavy duty cordura material
    -heavy duty zipper

cons of the kleins:
    -$$$
    -bigger compartments for precision tools
    -hard to clean because of the heavy cordura material (thats important if the rookie in the shop mishandle a waste box above the backpack... )

The pros in the milwaukee are:
    -cheaper
    -small compartments for hooks or precision drivers

cons of the milwaukee:
    -not for rough use
    -kinda tall. Maybe to much for the regular tools for a copier.
    -if you are that kind of guy who carries 20 diferents screwdrivers in your bag (like me) and you bring a lot of tools its going to be heavy to hold.

I think will tray the vetos next time... never read bad reviews on them... also crescent tools has a line of tool bags and backpacks that looks good.

This is the tool bag I have been looking at on Amazon. It seems small and fits a laptop and just the basic tools. It has some great reviews.

B&W International TUC-11601 Technician Notebook Tool Bag with Pocket Pallets, Black

https://www.amazon.com/International...2385861&sr=8-3

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    tool bag

No one over 30 should be wearing a backpack. Hard case for me. Keep firmware on thumb-drives...laptops are unneeded for most calls but it has it's own bag with shoulder strap.

A canvas duffel bag is great for vacuum and small boxes. I use a folding dolly if I got big boxes or more crap to bring in.

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

PWS fits in the back zippered pocket. 5.5 and a flashlight on the outside, springhooks, duckbills, torx, and meter on the inside - along with two dozen other tools I haven't used in years. As to the no one over 30 - I'm 59 and one foot is held together by titanium screws. Still prefer a backpack.

tools.jpg

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murv View Post
    PWS fits in the back zippered pocket. 5.5 and a flashlight on the outside, springhooks, duckbills, torx, and meter on the inside - along with two dozen other tools I haven't used in years. As to the no one over 30 - I'm 59 and one foot is held together by titanium screws. Still prefer a backpack.

tools.jpg
    Backpack leaves your both hands free so you can carry more weights
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Backpack leaves your both hands free so you can carry more weights
    Storage Clipboard in one hand, Yeti in the other.

I used a Klein backpack as well for a few years, but I've come to find that a simple tote bag will do the job just as well for half the price. I'm a woman, so as you know, I prefer to look cute in every situation, so work isn't an exception. For my fellow ladies out there who are reading this and are looking for a practical yet cute bag to store their tools in, the Borboleta Naila tote bag is the one. Trust me, it's spacious, it has many pockets, and it's also durable. I've been using it for a few months already, and I'm in love. I got off กระเป๋าสตรีโดยนักออกแบบจาก BorboletaⓇ, สินค้า Cruelty-free if you were wondering.

Technician

It is necessary to think about this