Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

KM Bizhub C4000i/3300i specs

Newbie here! I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread or if this shows up as a repost. I can't find the original one I posted.

I am in the process of purchasing a desktop printer and among the brands I am considering is the Konica Minolta. I was wondering if someone could help me confirm specs on the Konica Minolta Bizhub C4000i/C3300i. I received a quote and spec sheet from a vendor on the C3300i. The spec sheet lists the machine as running 35ppm and the Imaging Unit Black/Color as 200k/100K. The U.S. website does not have a spec sheet available online when you go to the product page. It only has the spec sheet for the C4000i. It says the C4000i is rated at 42ppm with the same life for the Imaging Units. The confusion comes in because all websites and vendor sites list the specs as 33ppm for the C3300i and 40ppm for the C4000i. The imaging unit for Black/Color on the C3300i is listed as 154K/50K on websites, but differently on the spec sheet I was given. When I asked the sales person about the differences, he said the speed was 33ppm and I told him the spec sheet he sent me said 35ppm. He insisted the speed was 33ppm. I have called KM directly and the person that fielded my call also gave the the lower print speeds and Imaging Unit lifespan. My question is did these units get a boost in speed since they were introduced in the summer of 2019? Was there an improvement to the Imaging Units after reading about the trouble some techs had with them failing prematurely? I noticed the replacement Imaging Unit parts are rated at 200K/100K.

Other units I am considering:
    Ricoh P C600
    Kyocera P7240
    Kyocera P6325
    KM Bizhubs listed above (The discussions I read on this site regarding the Imaging Units have me nervous about these, but if the problems have been solved I can get over it).

Please feel free to chime in on your experiences or opinions on the other units if you have a moment. The specs on the KM have me baffled as no one seems to be on the same page.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by SowingAcorns; 12-03-2020 at 03:52 AM.

Technician

Re: KM Bizhub C4000i/3300i specs

I may have found the answer to part of my question. Pg. C-3 of the service manual gave some insight. My confusion on the print speed has to do with paper size. Internationally, where the A4 size is standard, the speed is 40ppm for the C4000i and 33pm for the 3300i. In the U. S., where 8 1/2 x 11 is standard, the speed is 42ppm for the C4000i and 35ppm for the C3300i.

1.1.5 Print function Items Specifications
    First print time (A4 or 8 1/2 x 11, plain paper, tray 1, full size)
    bizhub C4000i Color: 8.7 sec. or less Black: 8.0 sec. or less
    bizhub C3300i Color: 9.6 sec. or less Black: 8.7 sec. or less

Printing speed for multi-print cycle
    bizhub C4000i
    (A4, plain paper, tray 1, full size)
    Color: 40 sheets/min. (1-sided), 40 sheets/min. (2-sided)
    Black: 40 sheets/min. (1-sided), 40 sheets/min. (2-sided)
    (8 1/2 x 11, plain paper, tray 1, full size)
    Color: 42 sheets/min. (1-sided), 42 sheets/min. (2-sided) Black: 42 sheets/min. (1-sided), 42 sheets/min. (2-sided)
    bizhub C3300i
    (A4, plain paper, tray 1, full size)
    Color: 33 sheets/min. (1-sided), 33 sheets/min. (2-sided)
    Black: 33 sheets/min. (1-sided), 33 sheets/min. (2-sided)
    (8 1/2 x 11, plain paper, tray 1, full size)
    Color: 35 sheets/min. (1-sided), 35 sheets/min. (2-sided)
    Black: 35 sheets/min. (1-sided), 35 sheets/min. (2-sided)

I'm still baffled on the imaging unit life. Replacement parts list the imaging unit life at 200K for black and 100k for the CMY. Manual has lower numbers than U. S. spec sheet that was shared. I tried to upload the spec sheet the dealer gave me, but I kept getting a failure.