Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Color Label Printers

Re: Color Label Printers

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    In this video its a Lexmark.
    I did study this video and manufacturers website closely.

This particular video does feature a Lexmark print engine that has been customized.

This particular video demos potential customers expectations of a product that is a clear step above what my A4 copier can offer, so it is good to know what my limitations are.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Color Label Printers

On a side note, I remember going to a local print shop and getting a quote for some copier ID labels and when I looked at the quote it took my breath away for a few seconds. I thought to myself "screw that" and I began searching for the best printer to do it in house. I had a friend that was a fellow business owner and he had the Epson C3500. That printer was new at the time and cost a few grand if I remember correctly. I picked up a used C3400 on EBAY for about $600. That was a couple of years ago. It's a great little label printer.

Color Label Printers

The customer, a coffee mill and restaurant needs to print 500-1000 black only disposable menus per week and maybe 100-200 colour labels per week.

Their current MFP copier has died and they do not have the budget for two devices. I am hoping to solve both requirements with one device that fits their limited budget.

The kicker is that they want this all to work in a Mac iOS environment and it is hard to find an affordable iOS Color label printer. My A4 MFP provides print drivers for iOS Catalina 10.5 and the latest Big Sur 11.0 .

Color Label Printers

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Inkjet color label printers such as the popular Epson TC3500 start at about $2,000.00 USD and have lots of great uses and applications.

The TC3500 is compact in size, uses four separate CMYK 35 ml ink containers that are pigment based so the ink dries very quickly, does not smudge and is water resistant. You can print on plain paper or poly label media in matte or glossy finish with good image quality on small point sizes. The label media can be on a continuous roll (there is a built in cutter), pre-cut labels on a roll or via fanfold media entering from the rear of the printer.

I am wondering if an A4 toner based colour MFP printing on Letter/Legal sheet labels can perform very much the same task at a much lower operating cost?

Unlike the Epson, the A4 MFP can print at speeds 3.5 to 6.5 times faster at a fixed cost per sheet when sold on a cost per copy model. The Epson is a variable cost depending on how much ink you use.

The Epson would definitely be the only choice if your requirement is to print on polypropylene labels and the preferred choice if you need to print on glossy labels. If you need to print on plain paper,matte, labels, I think the A4 MFP could have a convincing much lower total cost of ownership.

If you need to place labels in cold storage, the Epson might be better.

Is it more convenient to peel labels off a roll as opposed to sheet labels, probably.

An A4 MFP offers both Windows and iOS print drivers. The Epson only offers Windows print drivers.

I supply Toshiba label printers but the product line does not offer color label printers. Toshiba just introduced a great new e330AC A4 line that is price competitive with the Epson TC3500.

Can anyone think of any good reasons why a color A4 MFP is not a good choice for printing plain paper sheet labels?

PS - The EPSON C3400 & C3500 has mac print drivers. See below:

c3400 mac.JPG

Color Label Printers

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    PS - The EPSON C3400 & C3500 has mac print drivers. See below:

c3400 mac.JPG
    Good to know. There is an error on their website between the product description and the Support page.

Color Label Printers

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Good to know. There is an error on their website between the product description and the Support page.

Yep. It's been a while but I've had my ESPON printing from my Mac. The drivers on still on the MAC.

imac.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Color Label Printers

By the way, I've yet to figure out why anyone would want a mac. I hate it. I only bought it to get familiar with it for networking purposes. Hate it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Color Label Printers

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    By the way, I've yet to figure out why anyone would want a mac. I hate it. I only bought it to get familiar with it for networking purposes. Hate it.
    Apple PR department.

Color Label Printers

Users with iPhones expect their entire technology ecosystem to be seamless.

10-20 years ago Apple was much better than Microsoft at converting an entire generation of students, educators and creative people to prefer and recommend their product.

My coffee shop quote, the DM, a twenty something, has only been using iOS since her first computer.

It is not uncommon now when you go to a work site that 10 employees will use a Windows PC but there is an 11th employee who is a devoted Apple user who thinks that Windows PCs are old school. It also happens that you can walk into some businesses the entire office uses iOS.