Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Need References in Toner Remanufacturing factory in United States

Hello,
    I am considering doing a test run on Toner for Kyocera Copiers for Kyocera 4550ci and 3500 4551 etc. International Toner Company is the name in Illinois. I only use OEM or Katun anymore and do have outstanding results from Katun.... Any response is very appreciated THANKS !!!

Re: Need References in Toner Remanufacturing factory in United States

Found that good proven color toners that works well almost cost the same as the OEM stuff...
    Like some US, German and Japanese toner.
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Found that good proven color toners that works well almost cost the same as the OEM stuff...
    Like some US, German and Japanese toner.
    That's kinda what I was thinking... Sure appreciate your input !!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Hello,
    I am considering doing a test run on Toner for Kyocera Copiers for Kyocera 4550ci and 3500 4551 etc. International Toner Company is the name in Illinois. I only use OEM or Katun anymore and do have outstanding results from Katun.... Any response is very appreciated THANKS !!!

How do you plan on testing any compatible toner that you're thinking of using...in your customer's machine or in your machine at the office? I would never use my client's machine and hope for the best. I run several tests for quality, yield and also check to see how much waste toner is being generated.

Buying original toner in bulk can help. Out of experience i know cutting on the toner will cut part yields.
    It fools the owners/managers. One side you save on toner on the other side you loose on parts and labor. So even if it breaks even it wastes time.

Don't get me wrong if i find good generic toner i will use it. Found that Katun works OK on the Konica Minolta b/w machines. Was not always the case.
    Katun used to be really crap on KonMin but seems all beter now.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    How do you plan on testing any compatible toner that you're thinking of using...in your customer's machine or in your machine at the office? I would never use my client's machine and hope for the best. I run several tests for quality, yield and also check to see how much waste toner is being generated.
    Its a tricky thing. Can take more than 100K prints to figure out if parts reach yield.
    Whatever

There's a lot of misinformation out there about compatible toner. In many cases, I've seen compatible toner that produces higher yields and better quality. It's true.

Here's the top 3 companies that make compatible toner. I'm not talking about finished cartridges. I mean the toner comes in bottles and you refill.

1. Static Control
    2. Future Graphics
    3. UniNet

There's a lot of misinformation out there about compatible toner. In many cases, I've seen compatible toner that produces higher yields and better quality. It's true.

Jip the German stuff proved that on the KM B223 range machines. I use that TN217/414 toner on most b/w machines just add some developer where needed.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Jip the German stuff proved that on the KM B223 range machines. I use that TN217/414 toner on most b/w machines just add some developer where needed.

I've found that HP carts are, by far, the hardest to rebuild. Especially the color carts. You have to replace everything: mag. roller, doc. blade, PCR, toner, chip. The doctor blades have some kind of thin coating and if you look at 'em wrong, you're in trouble.

If its a contract machine why not? The guy that needs to fix it would be me. Sure some discomfort for the customer if it ends up to be the the kind of toner that could choke the machine in a verity of ways. Have not seen or heard a clump in a generic bottle, or just my luck. Now the kind that sticks to the mag roller or fails to transfer or fuse or simply fails to fit in the development bad leaving a nice background would be one of the things a vacuum cleaner would be handy for.

Ive been avoiding HP machines since i started, serviced a good couple of inkjets in my time. Disassemble wash reassemble repeat. They are expensive to run. No doubt that they work well. The machines i use privately for own use always ends up being a HP or a brother. But seen the downtown guys printing volumes with small 1100 printers chasing the cost down by refilling toner and using cheap generics to replace them when the drums die. Brother is also champion to refill and rebuild.

Its the darn chips that can become an issue. If the machine only warns you but still run its ok.

How does the Kyocera machines work with the chips? Does it need to be replaced or will it run without it or with a spent chip? Konica Minolta only use chips to reset counters and its nothing but a fuse.

Toner prices are ridicules and makes for the bigger part of the running cost. Getting that down makes much sense. I run a bunch of PRO 951's and 754's. That would be TN015 and TN712. Both are happy to run of TN414 except if you don't replenish the developer thru the bottle the developer in the tank will fail sooner.
    Even if I get that cheap enough its a hassle to pour toner over. Takes five TN414's to fill a TN015 bottle.

Been chopping and changing toners i find from previous series machines and pouring it over to the new shape bottles to sell with no complaints.
    Whatever