Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    A . Story. About. Me.

Re: A . Story. About. Me.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    It's never too late to learn, Billy. I started in the copier game back around '94, I did not know the first thing about a computer, but I really love what I do; so in order for me to continue in the copier game, I have adapted (a secret to life)....period. Do I miss the old days of just testing circuits for voltages and Ohms or just replacing parts; sure...but, that is just the way it is in any industry, especially ours in particular. I have said it before and I will say it again, I have seen techs that refused to learn any tech (or they were afraid of it), which is too bad because once you start to learn the tech side of the business, it's rewarding to look back and see how much you have learned because you were willing to. I believe that is the key to success in anything you do and the people you meet along that path. It's been nice having you on the site and adding to it as well with great questions.

Well said, copiertec.

The thing that caught me off guard is just how much technology is crammed into these machines.

For example: The final piece of the puzzle that I learned was about the primary transfer unit in the Kyocera. It has skew sensors (and other sensors) that detect when the belt is getting out of specs and adjusts accordingly. I never thought about that before but if the belt goes too far one way or another, the image won't be right.

That's just one example of the technology in these machines. I could go on and on. It's a lot to learn.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: A . Story. About. Me.

It helps a lot if you're interested in what you do. For example I make a lot of testing(when possible and have time) of things that aren't directly related to my present workload and problems. As you do with learning and testing network stuff. It's investment in the future i think.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.