Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    3,503
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: Compatible Toner

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    What brand do you run this compatible toner on?

    I used to own a compatible cartridge business where we rebuilt the toner cartridges ourselves. We had a very large market share in our area including NASA (Stennis Space Center), almost every school district in our area and many others. We have rebuilt thousands of toner cartridges over a very wide range of brands: Lexmark, Dell, HP, Xerox, Kyocera, and others.

    Now I am only refilling Kyocera toner cartridges. Refilling is much different from rebuilding. Since I had previously been in the business for many years, I knew what company to use for toner. There are many companies out there to buy toner from, there's only about 3 that that I trust.

    In my experience there's a lot of bad information out there about compatibles because someone had a bad experience with compatibles and that made them believe that the whole compatible industry was junk. Simply not true.

    I don't want to get too deep into this but toner has changed over the years. HP toner is now chemically grown and the particles are much smaller with better quality. Static control makes it the same way. They are a really good company. If they make it, you can trust it.

  2. #12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Compatible Toner

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I used to own a compatible cartridge business where we rebuilt the toner cartridges ourselves. We had a very large market share in our area including NASA (Stennis Space Center), almost every school district in our area and many others. We have rebuilt thousands of toner cartridges over a very wide range of brands: Lexmark, Dell, HP, Xerox, Kyocera, and others.

    Now I am only refilling Kyocera toner cartridges. Refilling is much different from rebuilding. Since I had previously been in the business for many years, I knew what company to use for toner. There are many companies out there to buy toner from, there's only about 3 that that I trust.

    In my experience there's a lot of bad information out there about compatibles because someone had a bad experience with compatibles and that made them believe that the whole compatible industry was junk. Simply not true.

    I don't want to get too deep into this but toner has changed over the years. HP toner is now chemically grown and the particles are much smaller with better quality. Static control makes it the same way. They are a really good company. If they make it, you can trust it.
    Back in the early 80's I would pickup probably a 1,000 bottles 3.2 oz dry magnetic toner along with several bottles of toner & developer to make pm kits for the sharp 726 & 740 series machines at the Tomegawa IL plant. It was crazy to see the workers coming through the doors from the manufacturing part of the plant into the dock area covered in black toner dust. My father was a coal miner and developed black lung from 25 yrs of mining. I'm sure things have gotten better as far as safety in that these plants, But working back then who knows what type of health issue those workers have developed later in life.

  3. #13
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    3,503
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: Compatible Toner

    After making many phone calls to Tomoegawa's USA office, it turns out they make toner for a couple of the OEM's. He didn't say which ones and I didn't ask but while doing my online research, I did see where they had made transactions with Canon and another OEM...can't recall which one.

    Anyway, he asked me if I was looking for drums of toner. Of course I said no. lol He's gonna email me a product catalog and I plan on ordering some samples.

  4. #14
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    3,503
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: Compatible Toner

    Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    Back in the early 80's I would pickup probably a 1,000 bottles 3.2 oz dry magnetic toner along with several bottles of toner & developer to make pm kits for the sharp 726 & 740 series machines at the Tomegawa IL plant. It was crazy to see the workers coming through the doors from the manufacturing part of the plant into the dock area covered in black toner dust. My father was a coal miner and developed black lung from 25 yrs of mining. I'm sure things have gotten better as far as safety in that these plants, But working back then who knows what type of health issue those workers have developed later in life.

    The Illinois location is the place that I called this morning.

  5. #15
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Compatible Toner

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I've been using toner from Static Control with zero problems and I've gone thru many of them. Very happy.

    Today I was talking to a guy in Dallas that owns a major compatible cartridge business. We talked for about an hour and he told me about a Japanese company called: Tomoegawa. He says they are the biggest (locations all over the world) and the best makers of compatible toner. I've been researching them and they are definitely a huge company. I'm gonna order some samples and see how they work. Anyone ever heard of them?




    Static Control, huh, I have always used OEM on my Kyocera's. Do you use both color and mono toners on your Kyocera's and experience no issues with color and black toners? For example, TA-4551ci, M6535cidn, TA-5501i, TA-6501i, etc.? If that is the case I will have to look into it.

  6. #16
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    3,503
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: Compatible Toner

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Static Control, huh, I have always used OEM on my Kyocera's. Do you use both color and mono toners on your Kyocera's and experience no issues with color and black toners? For example, TA-4551ci, M6535cidn, TA-5501i, TA-6501i, etc.? If that is the case I will have to look into it.
    They all work great. Here's a list of some of the Kyocera carts that you're looking for. See below.




    https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon....15niOG9iAS.pdf

  7. #17
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    3,503
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: Compatible Toner

    This is gonna take a few weeks to accomplish but I want to see the results. I've ordered toner from the top players in the toner market. These are all for the 3551ci. In no particular order:


    1. Genuine Kyocera toner.
    2. Static Control
    3. Katun
    4. Tomoegawa


    The reason it's gonna take a while is that I have to run the cartridges until they are empty by printing a 5% coverage page for page yield. I'll also be printing test charts to check for quality. Also, checking the amount of waste toner generated.

    There's one interesting thing about the
    Tomoegawa toner: They make bottles of developer for Kyocera that must be added to the toner. Never seen that before.

    I'll post the results when completed. I'll do a side by side with Kyocera Genuine Toner.

    PS - Will aslo test on different types of paper for proper fusing.



  8. #18
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    13,644
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: Compatible Toner

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    There's one interesting thing about the Tomoegawa toner: They make bottles of developer for Kyocera that must be added to the toner. Never seen that before.
    There are a number of high volume and production Ricoh color machines that actually have a small amount of developer in their toner. It helps to maintain the developer and push the PM period higher. As a result you can not use toner as a lubricant powder when replacing the drums.

  9. #19
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    3,503
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: Compatible Toner

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    There are a number of high volume and production Ricoh color machines that actually have a small amount of developer in their toner. It helps to maintain the developer and push the PM period higher. As a result you can not use toner as a lubricant powder when replacing the drums.

    The Kyocera 3551ci has a small amount of DV in the toner. I've never seen the developer come in a separate bottle like the Tomoegawa brand. I think it's 35 grams of developer to 450 grams of toner.

  10. #20
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,754
    Rep Power
    110

    Re: Compatible Toner

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    The Kyocera 3551ci has a small amount of DV in the toner. I've never seen the developer come in a separate bottle like the Tomoegawa brand. I think it's 35 grams of developer to 450 grams of toner.


    All Kyocera toner has carrier in it. Good luck getting warranty claims with NON OEM toner

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here