Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Copier Wholesalers in Europe

Copier Wholesalers in Europe

Hello,

I have come across a couple of companies that are basically a huge warehouse filled to the brim with copiers, ranging from office grade copiers to production presses.

From what I understand, they purchase ~5 y.o. with clicks ranging usually between 1 and 2.5M production presses from companies that probably are upgrading their equipment and then resell them as is. The machines have supposedly been under a service contract until they were sold to them.

What can one expect when purchasing equipment from such companies? Anyone with some insight as to how these companies operate and make their profits?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts ReproKev's Avatar

Re: Copier Wholesalers in Europe

In the US, wholesalers typically purchase lease end (2-5 year old) machines and resell them them to small copier dealers like myself and also to the general public.

Most of the machines have been under service contract. Some are repossessed for various reasons. Some are traded in early because they are problem machines.....basically for the same reasons people trade in cars. And like used cars, you never know what you're going to get and if it's been maintained properly until you get your hands on it and look it over.

Some wholesalers only turn them on, wipe down the exterior panels (if you're lucky) and make sure they pass a copy. Others will go over them a little more thoroughly, but I doubt many wholesalers have trained technicians that really go over over them well. It's all about moving boxes for them. They can't afford to spend a lot of time on each machine. That's why they sell them so cheap.

I typically put a few hours labor and a handful of parts into every machine I get from a wholesaler before it's ready to be put back out in the field.

You can get good value machines as most are lease return and maintained under contract.... the ratio of bad deal is very low....
    Ca you share some names of wholesalers/exporters...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yeah. These machines were serviced and after lease offered to you. They are usually good but some of them can be crap. Of course they are still good as a donor machines. You can get copiers ready to resell or offer to your customers but usually you need to add some works. Make also sure all previous customer data are wiped because these companies not always do this.