Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Kyocera and Ricoh partner to boost inkjet portfolios with TASKalfa Pro 15000c

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera and Ricoh partner to boost inkjet portfolios with TASKalfa Pro 15000c

Not for the faint of heart. Selling a quarter million dollar inkjet press without a ton of experience can be a customer relations disaster.

Re: Kyocera and Ricoh partner to boost inkjet portfolios with TASKalfa Pro 15000c

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Not for the faint of heart. Selling a quarter million dollar inkjet press without a ton of experience can be a customer relations disaster.
    True, this is a production machine. Price point is significantly lower than 250k, enough that Ricoh bought in.

Think of Ricoh 9600 accessories with an ink-jet engine and dryer in place of the laser print engine.

The print heads are verrry expensive though, but they have a special program available to cover them.

When will Ricoh learn to keep away from Kyocera shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    True, this is a production machine. Price point is significantly lower than 250k, enough that Ricoh bought in.

Think of Ricoh 9600 accessories with an ink-jet engine and dryer in place of the laser print engine.

The print heads are verrry expensive though, but they have a special program available to cover them.
    Are saying customer cost, after accessories is significantly lower than 250?

Currently there are 5 different configurations so let's say I was referring to entry level.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Remember 2006? Ricoh Gelsprinter Series..... I was there^^

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Remember 2006? Ricoh Gelsprinter Series..... I was there^^
    Those things are actually still around as dye sublimation printers. Ricoh still makes them and they're sold under the Sawgrass name. My wife was looking at one of those and I had to do a double take because it looked so familiar.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk