Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MPS question.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MPS question.

The company I work for was finally bought out, the new company has not offered machine sales or service. My job, if I stay, is to grow the machine sales/service business. We were a small local office supply company that offered some sales and service but the new company has 5 locations. I've been told by some guys I know at other copier companies that Managed Print Services was a pretty good revenue stream. What are some ideas on this? What software works well, how to get started, how you price it ?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPS question.

Re: MPS question.

Quote Originally Posted by deputydogg View Post
    The company I work for was finally bought out, the new company has not offered machine sales or service. My job, if I stay, is to grow the machine sales/service business. We were a small local office supply company that offered some sales and service but the new company has 5 locations. I've been told by some guys I know at other copier companies that Managed Print Services was a pretty good revenue stream. What are some ideas on this? What software works well, how to get started, how you price it ?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    MPS is a long game with many different definitions. You are likely months away from offering MPS. In it's simplest definition you offer your customers a combination of copier and printers and all of the supplies.

You need to first solidify your sales and service processes and procedures while develop a marketing campaign that takes advantage of your existing customer base.

You need to partner with two hardware manufacturers (I recommend Toshiba) and two lease vendors.

The current hardware market is in disarray due to product shortages caused by COVID.