Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Does anyone do any work for a company called Barrister Groug?

Re: Does anyone do any work for a company called Barrister Groug?

It amazes me how companies like this stay in business, I know if we ran our company like they run theirs we would be out of business. I always wonder how companies like this actually get the business.

No clue, honestly. They always seem to call about off the wall stuff too, or an OKI.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I see their website it says they manage over 15,000 certified technicians.

But I guess those are sub contracted and they may be acting like they are Managing you.

In the past I needed some extra cash and did sub contract work but it always ends up badly and if they are trying to cut your rates you can just walk I hope.

Yes, you can walk. Really it's negotiated per call in my experience. It's not a long standing contract. Just sub per call for us, or was.

Quote Originally Posted by 40yearsplus View Post
    I see their website it says they manage over 15,000 certified technicians.

But I guess those are sub contracted and they may be acting like they are Managing you.

In the past I needed some extra cash and did sub contract work but it always ends up badly and if they are trying to cut your rates you can just walk I hope.
    I hear you, the list of things you have to jump through. If you listen to their tech support, it's a sweat shop and no one has an English accent... I'm guessing somewhere in India. Don't even bother to ask for firmware updates. We were embarrassed by their customer service, I actually had to sit down with a clients IT manager and let them know that we are just a sub and our hands are tied until the part arrives, which it never did. I told him we have the part in stock and if he needed it to give us a call and we could have the printer up and running, he called, and asked us to fix it and we gained a new client out of the whole ordeal. I still wonder how this company solicits business as they claim to be " a leader in office equipment and a woman owned business."

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I hear you, the list of things you have to jump through. If you listen to their tech support, it's a sweat shop and no one has an English accent... I'm guessing somewhere in India. Don't even bother to ask for firmware updates. We were embarrassed by their customer service, I actually had to sit down with a clients IT manager and let them know that we are just a sub and our hands are tied until the part arrives, which it never did. I told him we have the part in stock and if he needed it to give us a call and we could have the printer up and running, he called, and asked us to fix it and we gained a new client out of the whole ordeal. I still wonder how this company solicits business as they claim to be " a leader in office equipment and a woman owned business."

On that note "" a woman owned business""... I have sent her & her husband numerous emails asking for my money and then I demanded my money, and nobody ever responds. They SUCK!! Debra & John Bowers are the stated President & CEO of the company and they never respond to my emails. I still to this day, get at least 3 calls asking me to do a service call for them, it is always someone who sounds Indian and very hard to understand. I explain to them that I am happy to do service calls for them, but only after i am paid in full & my account is up to date. They always say, they will contact so and so & let them know i am not doing calls until I am paid... But I never hear back from them... worst experience ever

I did not know that, we will not do business with them either.