Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Does anyone do any work for a company called Barrister Groug?

These guys approached me in May of this year.. They were happy to pay good money when I first started doing calls for them, then it became a negotiation every call.. Get exhausting for me.. Just curious if anyone else does work for them & your experience with them.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Does anyone do any work for a company called Barrister Groug?

A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

I did several years back. It was a flat rate
    yes now you can adjust payment base on how far away etc...
    I only do IT calls now but still I am still listed with them.

I prefer to do remotes less money per call but don't have to drive for two hours for a 30min job.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We did work for them, it was good at first. However, we have found them to be disorganized and good luck with part orders, for example, when you work on a machine and tell them you need a drum unit for it, they will send you a toner cartridge instead. On another occasion, we were told they would be shipping a machine and when it arrived, it was damaged beyond repair, a few weeks later they sent another one and it was a used machine. It has happened on multiple occasions on serval accounts for them and it is very frustrating because it reflects badly on you as as sub when you have ordered a specific part and the customer is looking at you like you wondering what the hell is going on. Next, is the frustration because of all the hoops you have to jump through to initiate a call with them, they offer a phone app but it sucks and is pointless because it does not work. Lastly, good luck with tech support because when you do get someone, you can barley hear them because all the background noise from all the other technical persons shoved into one room and this on top of trying to decipher the tech persons accent is enough to make you want to bang your head against a wall.
    One the other hand they have always paid us for our work even after their screwups. Overall, in my opinion, not worth doing the work for because you are going to work harder then that agreed upon amount of money in most cases.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copykat93 View Post
    These guys approached me in May of this year.. They were happy to pay good money when I first started doing calls for them, then it became a negotiation every call.. Get exhausting for me.. Just curious if anyone else does work for them & your experience with them.
    I've talked to them and other similar outsource printer service providers and the money is never good so why go through the aggravation of lowest bidder profitability when I can make almost as much profit by staying home?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I did two jobs for them years back...never again. Just like the others said: completely disorganized. Took forever for them to pay me. Spent 10x more time dealing with them on the phone and sending emails than I did on the actual service call.

I recently did a few jobs for another similar outfit - "PC SOS". The lady I was speaking with said that half her job is trying to convince people that their company isn't as bad as Barrister, and that they are not in fact Barrister under a different name.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Everyone of you guys hit the nail right on the head, they sent me on a couple of calls where it was the wrong parts, I still got paid for the job, but then when the correct parts did arrive they dispatched a different technician to install the parts. One call they sent me on, I arrived at a grocery store 50,000 square foot building and nobody knew where the printer was that needed service, they actually called their corporate office and they had no idea where this machine was located. After 3 hours and 90 mi round trip, I got paid for the call but never went back because they never found out where the machine was. Now I'm actually having issues getting paid, from service calls I did at the beginning of October and have not got paid yet. Almost daily, they want me to go on service calls that are 120 mi one way for me to do a service call, I declined it because of that and they never want to pay a fair price, at $3.70 a gallon for gas $240 MI trip, what they want to pay me to do it, barely covers the cost in gas... As soon as I get what is owed to me, I'm going to tell them to pound sand.

We haven't done sub for Barrister, but PC-SOS...stay far far away from. The hoops you have to jump through if there is more time involved is ridiculous. Supposedly, you have to call their support line while on site to get approval if more time is needed. Conveniently, no one ever answers the phone. After 2 calls, we now refuse to do anything with them. Complete nightmare while losing money.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ooof, good to know. I was able to get blanket approval for my rates of $150/hr going into the future (if they ever call again). Also, your reply just reminded me to check if they ever paid me:

1 out of 3 invoices paid
    1 invoice @ 49days aging
    1 invoice @ 36days aging

This is after repeated emails to them reminding them of their policy to pay all contractors within 2 weeks of being invoiced.

PC-SOS will approve just about any per hour amount I believe. But once you go over that hour or 1.5 hours, getting that extra approval is a nightmare especially if it's on the spot (actually that's impossible)...