Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New machines!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: New machines!

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... in other words you were both quoting used copiers.

Used copiers represent a snap shot in time of the copier technology available at that time. Many times customers only care about price but sometimes they need modern features like MS365 that can only be found in new copiers.

COVID has created a huge demand for used copiers because new copiers have become difficult to import. As a result, quality used copiers are becoming harder to get and increasing in cost.

Our ex rentals are normally just over 3 years old, as that's how long they go out for, our competitors were/are putting out much older machines, still as ex demo, we are cheaper, but the customer is willing to pay more for a "newer" machine.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Re: New machines!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    We get Canon A3 Systems without boards. They come seperately after some weeks.
    Greetings...

what now? you can order machines without boards?

-that reminds of a local company whose owner was kind of sketchy....we were ordering new Sharp copiers- analogs back then- from a company in PA. I was talking with our guy from there and he asked me if I knew this other guy. Yes I said...The Sharp guy said he had complained he got a brand new machine with no drum unit in it. And I think another time maybe main board was missing. (Or maybe it was bad...this was back in the 90s).