Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

What is the Going Rate

I am interested to know what your company charges for non service contract calls.
    My shop charges:
    $20 for in shop est.
    $50 for in shop repair
    $45 on road est.
    $70 on road repair
    Any calls over 30 miles away get milage and travel charges

I have a different rate structure:
    est. are free
    if I can not fix it, no charge for the call, if I fix it in less than 5 minutes, [adj. paper tray, change cartridge, ect.], I do not usually charge, because that gets me a lot of repeat business and word of mouth referrals
    $80 to $100 for printers
    $125 to $200 for plotters
    $150 to $300 for shredders
    Last edited by fixthecopier; 12-22-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: left out a word

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the Going Rate

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I have a different rate structure:
    est. are free
    if I can not fix it, no charge for the call, if I fix it in less than 5 minutes, [adj. paper tray, change cartridge, ect.], I do not usually charge, because that gets me a lot of repeat business and word of mouth referrals
    That's what we do.
    Our rates are $120/hr. On faxes we do 1/2hr for $60. Printers & copiers are 1 hour minimum.
    If we get a call for dirty copies on faxes it's usually a drum & we don't charge for the service call, just the drum itself.
    Mileage is $2.00 per mile. Time starts when we get there, not drive time.
    All that being said, probably 90 - 95% of the machines we sell have service contracts.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What is the Going Rate

Our rate structure is pretty simple:

Printers $89.00 per hour, 1 hr minimum.
    Copiers & Fax $125.00 per hour, 1 hr minimum
    1/4 hr increments after that.

Carry-In, in shop estimate (in advance): $45.00

$5.00 documentation charge per visit for non-Copystar products.

No travel charge currently, but that will change soon. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    $95 an hour - est are free, in shop or out... inside a 50 mile radius or our shop.

Outside of 50 miles from shop, we charge $25 per mile outside of the 50 mile limit.

Best thing we started charging for in the past year was toner deliveries! If you have a contract, it's $25 inside the 50 miles radius of the shop and outside the 50 miles radius, it's $25 per mile after the 50.

With every machine we install, we leave two bottles of toner. We instruct the customer to call when they replace the first bottle and install the second. If they have "remote monitoring", we will not charge for the delivery unless the customers network is down, causing the delay in toner notification. Then we give them the choice of paying for the delivery charge or shipping through UPS, which well get there the next business morning. If they do have remote monitoring enabled and go down because of toner, then the delivery is free!

This alone has helped us more than anything!!

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    What is the Going Rate

Nobody seems to be mentioning what market they are in. I'm sure the rates for service in NYC are different then they are in Bumfuck Indiana

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unisys12 View Post
    $95 an hour - est are free, in shop or out... inside a 50 mile radius or our shop.

Outside of 50 miles from shop, we charge $25 per mile outside of the 50 mile limit.

Best thing we started charging for in the past year was toner deliveries! If you have a contract, it's $25 inside the 50 miles radius of the shop and outside the 50 miles radius, it's $25 per mile after the 50.

With every machine we install, we leave two bottles of toner. We instruct the customer to call when they replace the first bottle and install the second. If they have "remote monitoring", we will not charge for the delivery unless the customers network is down, causing the delay in toner notification. Then we give them the choice of paying for the delivery charge or shipping through UPS, which well get there the next business morning. If they do have remote monitoring enabled and go down because of toner, then the delivery is free!

This alone has helped us more than anything!!

Boy I wish I could charge for that, I use the same system and 9o% still run out and 1 out of 3 machines that are down waiting on me have toner in the cabinet or drawer under it. Most of the time it is because the personnel changes so much. All of my stuff is so close together that I can not charge and also because it is a huge government contract. I just make them wait until I have the time to get there. I can not wait too long though because I have busted these clowns 35 times for filling their own toner bottles with other stuff. Minimum $500 charge each time they do.

By the way I am in central N.C. and I believe there are 5 other companies in town that do this and 3 or 4 that are located elsewhere and work the area.

Technician
    We charge $137.50 per hour. $5 trip charge in town and $.50 a mile out of town.

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar
    $94.50-$225.00/hour Depending on the item.Baby faxes-Wide Format/Xerox. 1 hour minimum, then time is pro-rated afterwards. Travel to non-metropolitan areas is $20-$30.
    In NYS.

BTW. Xerox charges over $400 for the first half hour...