Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Re: Future of copy repair

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... so Care-AR is good for helping copier rookies working on even low value print equipment? Once you buy a license it does matter what the equipment is.

Depends on your company. I used to work for a mom and pop, but mom and pop retired and sold us to a bigger outfit. Bigger outfit has a lot of contracts with big nationwide companies, so there are plenty of times they have no choice but to send third-party, untrained, hairless apes out to beat on copiers or printers because they saw themselves in the opening of 2001 A Space Odyssey and think they can. When customer care calls me up and says, "Hey, Murv, we've got this One D Ten T working on a copier in East Bejeebus Wherever" I can get on Care AR and drive the repair.

It also comes in very handy for walking End Users through processes that will get them up and running ASAP and save a service call.

And, last but not least, it also allows one experienced tech to collaborate with another experienced tech when an issue is off the rails. As much as we'd all like to think we know everything, none of us do, and when you reach out for help you can be on Care AR and show what is befuddling you. That way the tech at the other end can say, "What the fuck?" and you can say, "I know, right?" And then you can put your heads together to figure it out.

It's a good tool to have in the arsenal, because sometimes a phone call just doesn't do it.

Honestly, so interesting thread

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Future of copy repair

I was thinking about moving to the states as a copier tech but this thread made me wanting to stay at home.