I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

Inventory Management Systems?

Any recommendations out there? We're a small(er) company but keeping manual inventory is a pain in the neck. We USED to use Trackit, but we had to keep an ancient PC to utilize it and it was clunky and difficult to even figure out. So now we're looking for something that fits what it is that we do, something that is cloud based that everyone in my company can access.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Inventory Management Systems?

GitHub - allegro/ralph: Ralph is the CMDB / Asset Management system for data center and back office hardware.

I've made some adjustments to it and also contributed to the development of it. Can recommend it 10/10

I set up Miracle service for our company does dispatching also

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Having a Microsoft 365 account, I built out a spreadsheet for our inventory and then tied it into a PowerApp for myself and the two other guys that help out with MFP and printer support. When finished with a call we just edit the amount of parts on hand.

I'll likely be updating it to add in buttons to increase/decrease the on hand amounts. As well as adding in a master list that shows the full number of parts on hand for all of us so if someone is short they can just look up who has what.

We're small enough it was feasible to do, and it was a good learning project.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Any recommendations out there? We're a small(er) company but keeping manual inventory is a pain in the neck. We USED to use Trackit, but we had to keep an ancient PC to utilize it and it was clunky and difficult to even figure out. So now we're looking for something that fits what it is that we do, something that is cloud based that everyone in my company can access.

I used TrakIt 25 years ago. Talk about a blast from the past.

If you want cloud based software designed for the copier industry and you don't want to spend $20k, check this program out. It's what I've used for the past 4 years. It does most everything you'd want and more. Including vehicle inventory and your techs have access to information via their cell phone.

See link:

Best Field Service Management Software & Platforms (2022)
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Any quality business accounting package should include or have available inventory control in addition to the basic 4; Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and General Ledger. If your business is depending on outside service to provide your accounting, you're asking for trouble.

Manual inventory, or at least the physical count is a necessary evil. You have to do it in order to have the numbers to put into your inventory control package. Also physical counting at least once a year is necessary to meet the requirements of the IRS and most states. Even major corporations like Ricoh still shutdown the warehouses once a year to conduct inventory.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I used TrakIt 25 years ago. Talk about a blast from the past.

If you want cloud based software designed for the copier industry and you don't want to spend $20k, check this program out. It's what I've used for the past 4 years. It does most everything you'd want and more. Including vehicle inventory and your techs have access to information via their cell phone.

See link:

Best Field Service Management Software & Platforms (2022)
    Does Field Force Tracker keep track of copier meters, toner levels, etc? Also, does it have remote access capabilities similar to Team viewer to configure clients PC's if scanning issue occurs? Does it have something similar to eautomate's printinesta which allows techs to remote in on a phone and see copier service histories?
    We called them up but the main person has such a heavy Indian accent we all at the office could not understand them. That seems to be our only hurdle with Field Force Tracker. We called eautomate and they have a really good system as the eautomate does all the work as far as meters, billing, etc. but I think they changed remote tech to printinesta now. We really like the system but it's very costly initially and monthly.
    we also called Print Tracker but they just keep track of the copier meters and toner levels.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Does Field Force Tracker keep track of copier meters, toner levels, etc? Also, does it have remote access capabilities similar to Team viewer to configure clients PC's if scanning issue occurs? Does it have something similar to eautomate's printinesta which allows techs to remote in on a phone and see copier service histories?
    We called them up but the main person has such a heavy Indian accent we all at the office could not understand them. That seems to be our only hurdle with Field Force Tracker. We called eautomate and they have a really good system as the eautomate does all the work as far as meters, billing, etc. but I think they changed remote tech to printinesta now. We really like the system but it's very costly initially and monthly.
    we also called Print Tracker but they just keep track of the copier meters and toner levels.

Sorry, just saw this post. The answer is yes to everything but:

1. No toner meter capability from the program.

It does all the other things you asked about. And I think it's only $80 a month per user. I really like it.

PS - I feel you on the heavy Indian accent. I've gotten better at understanding him...sometimes.

PSS - He'll let you demo the program for free. Take it for a spin. If you have questions, let me know.
    Growth is found only in adversity.