• Show
Clear All
  • Geo
    Senior Tech
    500+ Posts
    • Nov 2010

Service after the lease

Hi all

I need a little advice and some ideas for service and contracts on copiers and printers.

What are companies doing with customs that decide to buy their equipment after the lease on the service end?

For example , do you folks charge per service call , CPC , CPC with a yearly contract , base monthly rate..ETC

I am very new at providing servic after lease and pass throughs end ( all my experience is the service end)

Any thoughts , ideas and examples of what the going rates are is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for ideas and feedback

Geo
  • juliano
    Technician
    • May 2011

Re: Service after the lease

Originally posted by Geo
    Hi all

I need a little advice and some ideas for service and contracts on copiers and printers.

What are companies doing with customs that decide to buy their equipment after the lease on the service end?

For example , do you folks charge per service call , CPC , CPC with a yearly contract , base monthly rate..ETC

I am very new at providing servic after lease and pass throughs end ( all my experience is the service end)

Any thoughts , ideas and examples of what the going rates are is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for ideas and feedback

Geo
    We sign the client up for another year or two....normally charge them a standing fee plus click charges...so much the same as we did when it was on lease...it's just a case of negotiating how much the client willpay for the monthly fixed charge..

Comment

• SalesServiceGuy
      Field Supervisor
      Site Contributor
      5,000+ Posts
      • Dec 2009

For customers that buyout their copiers at the end of a lease period.

1. All Developer compounds, circuit boards and HDDs are not covered under any service contract. Replacemnet of said items is based upon time and materials. A cpc contract can be offered and is escalated by 10-20% every anniversary date.

2. If owned copiers are discontinued and no longer supported by the OEM, typically seven years after discontinuation date, any cpc service contract only includes toner and labour.

Comment

• copiertec
        Service Manager
        Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Jan 2016

It really depends on the age and amount of clicks on the equipment. If they are relatively low metered find out what the pm schedules are, if they are close to pm on parts, client needs to replace the needed parts at cost plus labor, once the equipment is up to par and has purchased a full set of toners if needed, find out what the client was paying and match that # plus at least 7-10% at least, and base your contract on a yearly basis; then, evaluate things when its time to renew. If the copier is too old or has too many clicks it's not worth putting time or money into it to put it on contract, just do it on a per call basis. It's important to make sure you know your machine because if it's a parts eater or maintenance hog you will lose money on your contracts.

Comment

Working...