Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Brand and Model Field Reviews wanted

Hello, we currently place mostly off lease machines with our own in-house financed "rental" program using Kyocera 3252/3253 machines. They have been serving us well, however being at the mercy of the off-lease pool of machines available we are contemplating bringing on a second brand to give us more availability. we try to take parts availability, ease of working on machines etc into consideration before we just start placing something else.
    I have noticed Kyocera is not popular at all in the off-lease export market. I am curious to why this is? Are there not enough aftermarket parts and support outside of direct Kyocera?
    I would love some reviews from techs that work multiple brands on recommendation of the best field performing machines. Lowest amount of issues and overall performance.
    Mostly looking at either Sharp, or Canon as part availability seems decent without being authorized with them.
    Open to ideas.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Brand and Model Field Reviews wanted

it works just the same as buying a new car or a new phone. each has their pros and cons. there is no perfect brand.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

There used to be a guide printed each year that gave information on most major manufacturers current models to include side by side comparison tables. It hasn't been in print for a number of years now. There are online sites that list top 5 to as much as 20 "best" according to their writers. Of course most of those are for current models and won't include lease returns. You might be able to word a search to get you a comparison between 2 or 3 specifics models.

Precision Roller is a good place to see what parts are available for different makes.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

I am not familiar with Kyocera models so I don't know which ones are worth selling as off-lease machines.

Do you have access to Wullf's inventoy list? They have 780 Kyoceras off-lease Kyoceras for sale right now. They are close enough to Sugarcreek that you could go to their warehouse and pick the cherries if they allow people to do that. I visited that giant cuckoo clock downtown not that long ago.

We place a decent amount of off-lease Sharp equipment but I am not sure how the aftermarket support is. I know you can get about anything for Sharp from a site mentioned in another post but pricing a high.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thinkink View Post
    Hello, we currently place mostly off lease machines with our own in-house financed "rental" program using Kyocera 3252/3253 machines. They have been serving us well, however being at the mercy of the off-lease pool of machines available we are contemplating bringing on a second brand to give us more availability. we try to take parts availability, ease of working on machines etc into consideration before we just start placing something else.
    I have noticed Kyocera is not popular at all in the off-lease export market. I am curious to why this is? Are there not enough aftermarket parts and support outside of direct Kyocera?
    I would love some reviews from techs that work multiple brands on recommendation of the best field performing machines. Lowest amount of issues and overall performance.
    Mostly looking at either Sharp, or Canon as part availability seems decent without being authorized with them.
    Open to ideas.

In short I would recommend the Konica Minolta Bizhub '8' series. Simple to maintain & reliable & there should be plenty in the off lease market.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk