Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    honest opinion on ir 550, 600and ir 330 copioers

The IR330 comes with an A1 feeder or a B1 feeder.....my experience is the A1 feeder is the better, we've had alot of issues with the B1.

BLITZKREAGG

ir330

If serviced right these machines can be a great asset, and run for a really long time. and I agree that the A1 feeder is far better than the B1 ADF

Technician
    There are a few problems with the 330/400's. Exit assembly tends to cause ripples on exit, this causes jams when finisher attached. (lots of rollers to replace and clean). And the paper feed drive assembly. Easy to remove, sod to strip, usual fault is with the lifter drive. Duplex is a bit of a pig to clean after the usual toner spillage.

Enjoy!!!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The 550/600 are one of the most reliable copiers I've ever seen, e066 codes are just a wire cleaner issue, (replace charger or check for loose switch at front of charger) Feed issues at this low mileage are probably just the yellow foam seperation roller which goes bad with time or mileage. (replace feed and pickup rollers at the same time . sep FB2-7777-020, feed FB4-2034-000, pick FB4-2033-000 . Duplex issues can be the long black foam roller at the far right of the duplex tray.
    These machines were the predecessor to the ir7200, 8500, 105 series machines and were engineered for the higher speeds. They can easily go 3+ million copies with main maintenance being feed tires, corona wires, fuser webs and rollers.