Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon DR 7580

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon DR 7580

I am troubleshooting a Canon DR 7580 and need a little guidance. I can load the stack of paper in the tray and tell it to scan, it will take one page and say the tray is empty. If I leave the tray empty, the scanner recognizes the tray is empty and I have to load it to start scanning. I am assuming the paper present sensor is working if it recognizes an empty tray, so why won't it take more than one sheet of paper.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Canon DR 7580

Anybody?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Canon DR 7580

Quote Originally Posted by 88hawkfan View Post
    I am troubleshooting a Canon DR 7580 and need a little guidance. I can load the stack of paper in the tray and tell it to scan, it will take one page and say the tray is empty. If I leave the tray empty, the scanner recognizes the tray is empty and I have to load it to start scanning. I am assuming the paper present sensor is working if it recognizes an empty tray, so why won't it take more than one sheet of paper.
    I found this. Sounds strange to me also. I think I have three scanners but only replace rollers on them. I have had no other problems.
    Product : DR 6080 / 7580 / 9080C
    Title : The Message, 'No page was found in the feeder', is Displayed

Error :
    The error message "No page was found in the feeder.", shown below, is displayed when trying to scan. The scanner is unable to feed paper even while running in "Count Only" mode.

Workaround :
    This error message may be caused by a faulty sensor or wire harness. Check the "Document" sensor and the "Document Tray HP" sensor with the QUMA service tool. If the sensors are not activating, ensure they are positioned correctly and then try replacing the Tray Cable Assy, MG1-3453-030.

This shows the sensor flag. You may look to see if you can adjust something so the flag is always blocked when paper is present.

Product :
    DR 6080 / 7580 / 9080C
    Title :
    The Pick Up Rollers spin twice after the last page is fed.

Problem :

The Pick Up Rollers spin twice after the last page is fed.

Solution :

This can be caused if the Pick Up Sensor is not deactivating after the last page is fed. The flag for the Pick Up Sensor should fall into the groove on the paper tray after the last page is fed. If the flag does not fall into the groove the Pick Up Sensor will stay on and the scanner will attempt to feed paper even though the tray is empty.

Hope this helps. I have not seen this.