Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon IRA C5250 "frozen key op panel"

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    control panel lockups or there is a slow Response on the screen, and slow responding keys. The symptom includes the touch panel and 10 key pad does not respond correctly but only the Energy Saver key works fine

Replacing the CPU under the control panel resolved the problem.

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 / C5035 / C5045 / C5051 CPU PCB assembly is FM3-7994-000
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5235 / C5240 / C5250 / C5255 CPU PCB assembly is FM4-9880-000

or-------------------
    Sometimes dirt can buildup between the touch panel and the control panel cover. This buildup over time causes downward pressure to the touch panel and it stops responding. Going around the entire perimeter of the screen, take a business card or other firm type of media and slide it between the touch panel and the control panel cover.

or try1. Turn OFF the main power switch and check that the Control Panel LED is off
    2. Using a pen point, press the test button of the breaker on the rear side of the machine
    3. Check that the breaker switch is OFF (O side)
    4. Return the breaker switch to ON (I side)
    5. Turn ON the main power switch
    hello I have the same problem with a canon irac5235, perform dirt cleaning between the touch panel and the control panel cover, check panel pcb connector and main controller. Press the switch test button on the back of the machine off and on. the printer was turned on again and the control panel worked well, the next day the control panel presented the same problem. when I press the switch test button on the back again, the printer control panel works fine. Is it necessary to change PCB assembly is FM4-9880-000 or update the firmware ?. I don't have the firmware to be able to perform the update

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Canon IRA C5250 "frozen key op panel"

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    C5235 frozen key op panel. Is there a Tech bulletin about this? Someone said there was but I can not seem to find it.
    This was one of the bulletins most common the IRA C2xxx Series.

Measure against malfunction of touch panel in control panel.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician
    Canon IRA C5250 "frozen key op panel"

A client has an IRA c5250 with a control panel that was AFU. The 'Energy Saver' key functioned OK.
    I installed a salvaged control panel ass'y that I obtained from a buddy; it incorporated PCB P/N FM1-R833.
    Problem solved.
    Plug and play, no software upgrade needed.
    Life is (sometimes) good.
    [ edit - BTW, this was in the USA ]
    ...Lorenzo

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    9880 is old number. Order FM1-R833...Canon will sub it anyway. Changed dozens of these things
    I have a Canon IRA C5235A, the board is new style "FM1-R833" already. But it was frozen screen. I touched the power saver button, it went off, but couldn't turn back on. I have to power off the machine, and power back on, then the touch screen works OK. Do you think it is another problem?