Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon IRadv 4225i -

Canon IRadv 4225i -

hi ,

i have an iradv4225i showing 2 error codes, E280-003 and E315-0510. Ive disconnected ribbon cables from the contact sensor to the RCON and the ribbon cable to the main controller. Still the same. I dumped the RCON and re put in the values from the service label. I did a diagnostic check and all good, no faults, so was thinking of RCON OR MCON issue but after the passing of the test, i am now thinking of a ribbon cable issue. I have ordered Core Holder unit and the Cable Reader flat. Anyone else come across this? The machine goes straight into error when switching on, but works ok when printing. I also took off the dadf just to rule that out and error still occurs. Any help would be appreciated.

tks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRadv 4225i -

Re: Canon IRadv 4225i -

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    hi ,

i have an iradv4225i showing 2 error codes, E280-003 and E315-0510. Ive disconnected ribbon cables from the contact sensor to the RCON and the ribbon cable to the main controller. Still the same. I dumped the RCON and re put in the values from the service label. I did a diagnostic check and all good, no faults, so was thinking of RCON OR MCON issue but after the passing of the test, i am now thinking of a ribbon cable issue. I have ordered Core Holder unit and the Cable Reader flat. Anyone else come across this? The machine goes straight into error when switching on, but works ok when printing. I also took off the dadf just to rule that out and error still occurs. Any help would be appreciated.

tks

E315-0510
    Flat Ribbon cable from the Reader Controller to Main Controller 2
    ================================================== ===========

E280 indicates a "Reading unit communication error".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjbobjq9pe...0Code.pdf?dl=0
    Prior to replacing any parts try the following:
    1) Open the platen cover (platen board cover/ADF).
    2) Remove the glass retainer. • 2 screws -clean the glass and confirm the protective sheets have been installed referencing
    Tech Pub - TP17 039----LINKS
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjbobjq9pe...0Code.pdf?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/11xcllj679...Error.pdf?dl=0

After cleaning- Make Adjustments for white reference values.

1. Enter the value indicated on the platen glass in the following service mode:
    (Lv.1) COPIER > ADJUST > CCD > W-PLT-X/Y/Z (Input of standard white plate data)
    2. Enter the service mode, and then select the following:
    (Lv.1) COPIER > FUNCTION > CCD > DF-WLVL1/2/3/4 (DF white level adjustment)
    Perform the following in the service mode:
    (Lv.1) COPIER > FUNCTION > CCD > DF-WLVL1/2/3/4 (DF white level adjustment)
    1) Place a sheet of paper that the user usually uses on the platen glass, enter the following service mode.
    (Lv.1) COPIER > FUNCTION > CCD > DF-WLVL1
    Read the white level in the BOOK mode. (Check the transparency of the glass for BOOK mode.)
    2) Place a sheet of paper that the user usually uses on the DF, enter the following service mode.
    (Lv.1) COPIER > FUNCTION > CCD > DF-WLVL2
    Read the white level in the DF mode (stream reading). (Check the transparency of the glass for stream reading.)
    3) Place a sheet of paper that the user usually uses on the platen glass, enter the following service mode.
    (Lv.1) COPIER > FUNCTION > CCD > DF-WLVL3 Read the white level in the BOOK mode. (Check the transparency of the glass for BOOK mode.)
    4) Place a sheet of paper that the user usually uses on the DF, enter the followings service mode.
    (Lv.1) COPIER > FUNCTION > CCD > DF-WLVL4 Read the white level in the DF mode (stream reading). (Check the transparency of the glass for stream reading.)
    Power cycle and test.

The above adjustment did not fix this problem, but Replacing the Core Holder Unit (Ribbon Cable) that goes from the Carriage Unit (CIS) to the Reader Controller did resolve the E280-0003 error code.
    The part number for the Core Holder Unit is (FM4-8459-000).

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Believe there is a bulletin regarding this, I added a sheet (FL0-3218-010) that is applied under the ribbon cable from the reader to the carriage.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRadv 4225i -

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Believe there is a bulletin regarding this, I added a sheet (FL0-3218-010) that is applied under the ribbon cable from the reader to the carriage.

Posted two pdf links above on sheets.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon IRadv 4225i -

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    hi ,

tks
    What solved this? The Sheet?

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IRadv 4225i -

Replace white ribbon cable from scanner to reader con.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself