Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Canon 7095 Light Prints on Damp Paper

Hello Everyone,

I have a Canon 7095 Image Runner that prints really well as long as I keep the paper extremely dry. If I leave paper out at all for much time, the 7095 will have very faint 1 1/2- 2 inch streaks that will barely print anything. Mostly only on one side of the paper. I have several other Canon Image Runners, 9065, 5185, 6570, 3200, and none of them have this issue. I live in a moderately humid area in Oklahoma, but it really is not bad. I don't understand why the 7095 has so much of an issue with semi-damp paper.

It is so bad, that I do not dare leave any paper in the machine over night. I remove it and store it in the original waxy paper cover that reams of paper come in. As long as I store them in the original paper sleeves, the printer works fine the next day. But if I leave a small stack of paper in the machine overnight, the next day that paper will not print properly in my 7095. The same paper will print fine in all of my other image runners. I am hoping someone might know of a setting that can be changed on the machine that will allow it to print slightly moist paper. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Berean

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Canon 7095 Light Prints on Damp Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have a Canon 7095 Image Runner that prints really well as long as I keep the paper extremely dry. If I leave paper out at all for much time, the 7095 will have very faint 1 1/2- 2 inch streaks that will barely print anything. Mostly only on one side of the paper. I have several other Canon Image Runners, 9065, 5185, 6570, 3200, and none of them have this issue. I live in a moderately humid area in Oklahoma, but it really is not bad. I don't understand why the 7095 has so much of an issue with semi-damp paper.

It is so bad, that I do not dare leave any paper in the machine over night. I remove it and store it in the original waxy paper cover that reams of paper come in. As long as I store them in the original paper sleeves, the printer works fine the next day. But if I leave a small stack of paper in the machine overnight, the next day that paper will not print properly in my 7095. The same paper will print fine in all of my other image runners. I am hoping someone might know of a setting that can be changed on the machine that will allow it to print slightly moist paper. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Berean
    If your transfer/sep assembly has not been replaced in a while try that. Or if there is a setting you can try increasing the voltage if there is a setting, I recommend replacing unit. I never had any of those machines but the other models the transfer wire gets old and the voltage is high there and what ever oxidation insulates the transfer charge. Water is an insulator and you have to over power that to transfer toner to the paper.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

if you have the old tube style computer screen you can take your paper and sit it on top for an hour or two.. that should rid the paper of moisture .. .I would also suggest storing the unused ream in a big ziplock baggie... maybe store a pac of desiccant or even an old part of pantyhose with whole uncooked rice in the bag with the paper.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    If your transfer/sep assembly has not been replaced in a while try that. Or if there is a setting you can try increasing the voltage if there is a setting, I recommend replacing unit. I never had any of those machines but the other models the transfer wire gets old and the voltage is high there and what ever oxidation insulates the transfer charge. Water is an insulator and you have to over power that to transfer toner to the paper.
    Thank you for that. Are you talking about the Transfer Separation Corona Unit?

Canon FG6-8733-050 (FG6-8733-040) Transfer Separation Corona Unit, Genuine (A7986).

Thank you so much for your help.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Canon FG6-8733-050 (FG6-8733-040) Transfer Separation Corona Unit, Genuine (A7986).

is issue on Prints and Copies
    if only on Prints-------------------------go to Level 2 Service Mode > Copier > Option > User > PR-D-SEL > from 4 (default) to 6.

buy a large Rubbermaid locking handle container> keep paper inside -- tested and works in humid environments

why a 7095 reacts to this issue-- needs investigation

After the start of the copy job enter service mode under display select DPOT and check VLT and VLM. VLT (voltage light target) should be around 75 and VLM(voltage light measured) should also be near 75.

With this problem VLM may read around 200, this means there is not enough discharge of the drum.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Cool Re: Canon 7095 Light Prints on Damp Paper

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

is issue on Prints and Copies
    if only on Prints-------------------------go to Level 2 Service Mode > Copier > Option > User > PR-D-SEL > from 4 (default) to 6.

buy a large Rubbermaid locking handle container> keep paper inside -- tested and works in humid environments

why a 7095 reacts to this issue-- needs investigation

After the start of the copy job enter service mode under display select DPOT and check VLT and VLM. VLT (voltage light target) should be around 75 and VLM(voltage light measured) should also be near 75.

With this problem VLM may read around 200, this means there is not enough discharge of the drum.

Thank you so much for your help on this. I do not know if it does this on copies, because I never use it for copying. I only print. Thank you for the rubbermaid trick. I will check the info on the things you shared. I found this in the service manual. I have not tried it yet though.

SERVICE MODE:
    - COPIER> OPTION> BODY> FUZZY (enabling/disabling fuzzy control)
    0: enables fuzzy control (default)
    1: low humidity environment mode (the transfer current is lower than standard)
    2: normal humidity environment mode
    3: humidity environment mode (the transfer current is higher than standard)
    If set to '1' through '3', the control will be independent of the environment sensor.

I found this also:

SERVICE MODE:
    - COPIER> OPTION> BODY> TRNSG-SW (transfer guide bias control mode switchover)
    0: switches to +200 V in a high-humidity environment (default)
    1: fix the transfer guide bias to +600 V
    2: fix the transfer guide bias to +200 V
    3: switches to +200 V in a normal humidity condition
    4: switches to +200 V in a low humidity condition
    Set it to '2' through '4' if a transfer fault is noted.

I really appreciate all the help you guys have been giving. May the Lord bless you richly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Yes, not saying it will fix it but that is what I would try and replace.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

I remember tensioning new corona wires on a field....

A6562.wh.jpg
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I still string those bad boys all the time. New hires have no idea
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts spectraindo's Avatar

I have met this problem before, use the service mode :

SERVICE MODE:
    - COPIER> OPTION> BODY> TRNSG-SW (transfer guide bias control mode switchover)
    0: switches to +200 V in a high-humidity environment (default)
    1: fix the transfer guide bias to +600 V
    2: fix the transfer guide bias to +200 V
    3: switches to +200 V in a normal humidity condition
    4: switches to +200 V in a low humidity condition
    Set it to '2' through '4' if a transfer fault is noted.

Set it to "1'" because humid paper will leak the Transfer high voltage and cause transfer problems.
    You can also check the Upper and Lower Pre Transfer Guides FF5-7878 and FF6-1053, they are covered with a protective sheet, if it is torn, replace them.