Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Canon lbp6650 dn. Black copies when new cartridge installed

I have a Canon imageclass printer that has black copies when a new cartridge was installed. Sent back cartridge got another new one and still have black copies. When I install the original drum unit copies are good. Is it possible to have just got 2 bad units or is there another problem. Thank you. You can see the image on the black pages.
    Last edited by DOE; 01-23-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon lbp6650 dn. Black copies when new cartridge installed

Quote Originally Posted by DOE View Post
    I have a Canon imageclass printer that has black copies when a new cartridge was installed. Sent back cartridge got another new one and still have black copies. When I install the original drum unit copies are good. Is it possible to have just got 2 bad units or is there another problem. Thank you. You can see the image on the black pages. The cartridges are genuine Canon cartridges for that model
    check the contacts in the machine and on the AIO cart.. most time the contacts don't make proper contact causing the black pages

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    check the contacts in the machine and on the AIO cart.. most time the contacts don't make proper contact causing the black pages
    That didn't seem to make any difference and I was wrong they are not genuine Canon toners

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOE View Post
    I was wrong they are not genuine Canon toners
    THERE IS THE PROBLEM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

hi

is this the reason you had call?

did you replace the cart?
    its a grounding issue.either bias connectors are not connecting to drum or pcb issue

Hello all,
    I have a similar issue, except it is occurring with a Canon PC330 portable copier, a very simple device. It started producing lighter copies so I figured it was time to replace the original toner cart. The first replacement (E40) produced a totally black page. Since I could put the old cart back in and go back to a light copy, I returned the cart to the vendor and asked them to send a different brand this time. Same result. After researching the problem, I focused on checking and cleaning the contacts on the cart, and even pushed the ones in the copier to provide a little more normal force on the cart contacts. This had no effect; the old cart worked but the new one didn't. Both of these were non-Canon products. By now I am thinking that there is some generic incompatibility issue. It seems highly unlikely that two different brands would be defective in the same way by chance, and that buying yet another one is more likely to be an expensive failure. Need to find a way to get some certainty before I spend $120 on another cart.
    Does anyone have any successful experience swapping toner cartridges that had produced black output?