Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon iR2520 will not print over network

Re: Canon iR2520 will not print over network

Verify that the version of UFR II is for that model. ImageRUNNER and ImageRUNNER Advance use a different version of that driver.

PCL/PostScript won't work if the customer didn't order it. It's a license on the machine that needs to be enabled in order to work.

If you click the "Print" button, and then the data light flashes once... and goes off, they don't have the PCL or PS on that box.

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Any updates?
    Sorry, I didn't manage to try your solutions. I definitely will. Colleague who is having these problems with Canon printer somehow manages to occasionally print on this printer. Sometimes it works for a few pages and then again stops. Gonna try your solution in the following days.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nicknt82 View Post
    I think that just wrong driver. Find correct driver : UFRII windows 10 64 bit. (don't use 32bit )

Cause 1
    The job could not be executed when you tried to print a large number of pages on the printer, due to
    insufficient resources.
    Remedy
    Reduce the number of pages to print, or execute the job again when there are no other reserved
    print jobs.
    Cause 2
    When sending print data to the machine from a computer, the job could not be executed because it
    was canceled from the printer driver.
    Remedy Perform the operation again.
    Cause 3
    The spool region for the received data became full and all the data from the host could not be
    spooled with [Use Spool Function] set to 'On' in [Network Settings] in [Preferences]
    (Settings/Registration).
    Remedy
    Set [Use Spool Function] to 'Off' in [Network Settings] in [Preferences] (Settings/Registration), and
    perform the operation again. (See "Communication Environment Setup.")
    Cause 4 The maximum received data size was exceeded when processing the received data.
    Remedy
    Perform printing again when all the jobs are complete. If you still cannot perform printing, check the
    sent data.
    Thanks for your suggestion but I am using the UFRII Windows 10 64 bit driver. Tried several of these drivers, new ones and older ones and still the problem remains. I could try the Remedy 3 to turn off the "Use Spool Function" in Network settings of the Canon printer but than again could that be problem if I only send one Word page or just one plain pdf page to the printer and it doesn't print. I cannot imagine that one small document of just one or two pages could be that much of a burden to the spooler. Thank you for you help!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    check to see if your new pc is talking thru the network, a anti virus program or anti-malware program could be blocking the port to the printer, try pinging it. i doubt its a driver issue.
    sounds more like a windows issue.
    Thanks for the suggestion. PC is talking without problems with the printer and pinging it OK. I tried to disable the firewall and still the problem remains. I too think that it is most probably a Windows 10 issue and not the driver issue because the same driver works OK on my much older Windows 7 PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    a lot of times win 10 boxes will manage your printers and change the port automatically. We have had several accounts call in and not be able to print all of a sudden. When the port was checked it was changed from the IP address to a WSD address and was showing offline. I changed the port back to the IP address and set that printer as the default, so far all have been printing without any other issues.
    I will check and try your suggestion. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Verify that the version of UFR II is for that model. ImageRUNNER and ImageRUNNER Advance use a different version of that driver.

PCL/PostScript won't work if the customer didn't order it. It's a license on the machine that needs to be enabled in order to work.

If you click the "Print" button, and then the data light flashes once... and goes off, they don't have the PCL or PS on that box.
    I verified the driver and it is for ImageRunner 2520 not for the Advance series. Thank you for the PCL/PostScript information, I didn't know that. I once even tried with the PCL driver and naturally it didn't work because we do not have a license. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by edinh View Post
    I verified the driver and it is for ImageRunner 2520 not for the Advance series. Thank you for the PCL/PostScript information, I didn't know that. I once even tried with the PCL driver and naturally it didn't work because we do not have a license. Thank You!

there is a problem with the latest version of the official drivers.
    just download and install this one
    GUFRII_Driver_V220_W64_uk_EN_02
    hope this helped!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by demonical View Post
    hope this helped!
    About 9 months too late.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by demonical View Post
    hope this helped!
    Thanks for Your help. Next time I encounter the same problem, I will try with the driver You mentioned.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi,

Try resetting the printer to factory defaults and update it's firmware