Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon ADV IRC3330if Powers off

I have this Issue with a Canon ADV C3330 copier that keeps powering off randomly, its not a timing thing, I have tried most of the settings.
    So I updated the Firmware hoping that would help...Still the same problem. So I tried to do the System Software update via USB. and it powered it self off in the middle of the process. Now I cant seem to keep it going for more that 3 min before it powers off again. It the main power switch that is going off. When I first went there it was powered off, but you could turn it on and print or make copies no problem, just if it sat for 10 min or so it would power down again
    Any help or suggestions would be great...Thanks>>

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon ADV IRC3330if Powers off

It's been a while, but I had a Canon machine power off, because of the fuser unit.
    Don't know why the fuser caused the machine to power off, but I got a tip about the fuser.
    I kind of ignored the tip, but nothing else worked and the fuser made no sense.
    I had no other options.
    I tried another fuser and it was fixed, just like that.
    Try it, who knows.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copydocinc View Post
    It's been a while, but I had a Canon machine power off, because of the fuser unit.
    Don't know why the fuser caused the machine to power off, but I got a tip about the fuser.
    I had no other options.
    Try it, who knows.
    had several "rebuilt" fusers for printer and copier.... if ANY harness shorts to ground it can shut the unit off AND not blow fuses in the LVPS nor the HVPS.

there are many reasons why it would power down on it's own...

shorts to ground
    firmware
    other electrical items..

unless codes pop and record before shutdown these can be one of the toughest diags IMHO a tech can face.

Technician

If you try with all covers open or fuser removed, does it still power off? I know it's not a solution but may at least narrow down the troubleshooting

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Faulty door switch/connection > check out ❓
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copydocinc View Post
    I had no other options.
    Try it, who knows.
    Tried replacing the fuser didn't fix the problem
    at the time I reinstalled the system software and it started working for the past 3 months, Then all of a sudden it started powering down again

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
    at the time I reinstalled the system software and it started working for the past 3 months, Then all of a sudden it started powering down again
    Had this once on another Canon model, but the surge protector was tripping it. Are you sure the wall voltage is good and stable? Just a suggestion.

Sorry, I confused this version with the prior. Sounds like you now have 2 issues, the original one and it sounds like the controller or boot process is perhaps pooched. Weird things can happen if a device powers down out of sequence during a upgrade.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post

If it was a pinched wire, developer drawing too high a load, or something mechanical I would think it would not go away for 3 months. If you have one I'd put a line monitor between the copier and wall outlet. Those usually can collect data over weeks about power line quality.

If loading software is making a difference, you may want to try a new IP controller PCB.

I saw you checked for the overnight PCB, sorry I thought there might be one on color models too. Was there any listing for "aux" power supply?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi,

had an issue with a IRadvC35xx series, not my original call, but an RTF for another tech. He went to the call, not booting at all, no power, no lights etc. He ordered a power supply assy for it. I got the call, did the basics first, check the socket with Martindale, check the power cable, fuse etc. Tested power supply for voltage and getting 230v. Checked door switch, faulty, bit of fiddling and the machine came back up and not hear of it since. So have you tested votages etc?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    Hi,

had an issue with a IRadvC35xx series, not my original call, but an RTF for another tech. He went to the call, not booting at all, no power, no lights etc. He ordered a power supply assy for it. I got the call, did the basics first, check the socket with Martindale, check the power cable, fuse etc. Tested power supply for voltage and getting 230v. Checked door switch, faulty, bit of fiddling and the machine came back up and not hear of it since. So have you tested votages etc?

I installed a new Power Supply unit and the same problem occurred, I am going there to change the door interlock switch, hopefull