RICOH WIZARD/WSD HATER 50+ Posts

Post mx490 service manual

hey all. so im a copier technician and a relatively new one at that. i mainly work on HP's, Brother, Ricoh, and Kyocera. i have a canon mx490 at home and was curious to what i can do with the service mode. unfortunately, i cannot seem to acquire a SM for this machine through my work channels. any guidance to where i can find one? my machine is beyond the warranty period and i have a plethora of machines i can bring home and have for personal use so turning it into a big ol paperweight isnt a concern. i understand that the SM may need to be acquired by certified canon techs only so your welcome to PM me the info to keep yourself out of the companies targets for policy violations. I know this may be crossing the line a bit, but im eager to learn some of the canon's ways by tinkering on my own. i can order all the parts i would ever need through my work, so some preventive maintenance will be where ill likely take this machine, so i have a hands on learning experience. anyways i apologize if this is against any forum rules or "ethically" wrong in the industry. TiA

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    mx490 service manual

Re: mx490 service manual

forum rules require manual requests to be placed here: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/se...nual-requests/

please keep in mind this site doesn't have full - time techs to respond to your requests, so therefore it may some days before you can get a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    forum rules require manual requests to be placed here: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/se...nual-requests/

please keep in mind this site doesn't have full - time techs to respond to your requests, so therefore it may some days before you can get a reply.
    THATS OK, IM NOT IN A RUSH, tHANKS

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    mx490 service manual

Quote Originally Posted by j2shortt View Post
    hey all. so im a copier technician and a relatively new one at that. i mainly work on HP's, Brother, Ricoh, and Kyocera. i have a canon mx490 at home and was curious to what i can do with the service mode. unfortunately, i cannot seem to acquire a SM for this machine through my work channels. any guidance to where i can find one? my machine is beyond the warranty period and i have a plethora of machines i can bring home and have for personal use so turning it into a big ol paperweight isnt a concern. i understand that the SM may need to be acquired by certified canon techs only so your welcome to PM me the info to keep yourself out of the companies targets for policy violations. I know this may be crossing the line a bit, but im eager to learn some of the canon's ways by tinkering on my own. i can order all the parts i would ever need through my work, so some preventive maintenance will be where ill likely take this machine, so i have a hands on learning experience. anyways i apologize if this is against any forum rules or "ethically" wrong in the industry. TiA
    The MX490 is just a crappy £1 shop inkjet printer not much you can learn from this!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

BUMP

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    mx490 service manual

Quote Originally Posted by j2shortt View Post
    BUMP
    quit bumping and post in proper forum

the manual guys don't always read the tech forums