Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts princepriyu's Avatar

Thumbs up IR3300 Laser Unit

Please Check the image
    i just need to know about the use of these two registers on circuit board of Laser Unit (Canon IR3300) photocopier machine
    can we make any any adjustment to make the print quality Dark or light.
    3300 Laser Unit Circuit Board 1.jpg
    I am having a normal laser printer HP1020 there is a same type of variable register on its laser unit.
    by making a adjustment on it by rotating it clockwise
    i had used it to improve the quality of the print on it.

can we adjust any thing the quality or fineness or sharpness of the print quality by using these registers
    3300 Laser Unit Circuit Board 1.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR3300 Laser Unit

Re: IR3300 Laser Unit

If the copier isn't making good copies, there's something wrong elsewhere. Condition of drum, adjustments to dv bias even though I wouldn't recommend that long term, dirty optics, bad toner etc. I wouldn't ever consider making adjustments within the laser.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    IR3300 Laser Unit

Proceed with caution. Turning pots will just cause you more trouble! As other poster said there is something else causing your quality issues. Could be many things with machine being 20 yrs old, but I would start with the drum & developer unit. Remove all the toner from dev unit & hopper and vacuum real good, scrub mag roller with a scotch brite pad, then clean roller with alcohol, install a new "genuine canon" toner and that should darken up print.
    Also check if the slit glass and / or optics are dirty, this will give you light pages.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts princepriyu's Avatar

Wink Re: IR3300 Laser Unit

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Proceed with caution. Turning pots will just cause you more trouble! As other poster said there is something else causing your quality issues. Could be many things with machine being 20 yrs old, but I would start with the drum & developer unit. Remove all the toner from dev unit & hopper and vacuum real good, scrub mag roller with a scotch brite pad, then clean roller with alcohol, install a new "genuine canon" toner and that should darken up print.
    Also check if the slit glass and / or optics are dirty, this will give you light pages.
    Thanks all for the post
    everything is absolutely fine
    printing good, dark etc

just out of curiosity i was asking that
    i had recently adjusted that kind, on my laser printer (HP Laserjet 1020)
    so wanted to give a try on a bigger machine (IR3300)
    thats why i thought consulting experts like you all is better than "TURNING POTS on my own"
    . . . .
    ;-)

Hi,
    Can someone please tell me if the Laser Unit of Canon iR3300 is repairable?
    Though i've replaced with another one, but would like to repair the older one, had error number E100.

REGARDS.

IR3300 Laser Unit

Nationwide in Kansas still repairs them

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR3300 Laser Unit

Quote Originally Posted by ss200222 View Post
    Hi,
    Can someone please tell me if the Laser Unit of Canon iR3300 is repairable?
    Though i've replaced with another one, but would like to repair the older one, had error number E100.

REGARDS.

you will need an O scope n other test pieces

same if you repair monitors

IR3300 Laser Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    you will need an O scope n other test pieces

same if you repair monitors

And a schematic would be most useful. It's been my experience that it's too much time involved to repair most circuit boards (unless they're simple) and soldering & de-soldering has become increasingly difficult due to the tiny nature of some micro-chips. You really need a lot of specialized equipment.

I spoke with one of the guys at Hytek and he told me that they have some kind of diagnostic machine that they plug the board into and it identifies the problem in most cases.

IR3300 Laser Unit

I’m sure Nationwide has the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IR3300 Laser Unit

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    And a schematic would be most useful. It's been my experience that it's too much time involved to repair most circuit boards (unless they're simple) and soldering & de-soldering has become increasingly difficult due to the tiny nature of some micro-chips. You really need a lot of specialized equipment.

I spoke with one of the guys at Hytek and he told me that they have some kind of diagnostic machine that they plug the board into and it identifies the problem in most cases.
    yes that machine has a wire harness and vacuum seals the board to the 'jig'.. then they press a button to start the diag process. My first ex-wife worked on the testing line at Memorex Telex and she alone could run test on 10 boards a day from the manufacturing line. If they pass it went on to assembly .. if it failed the machine would automatically print out a report pin-pointing the component(s) that failed.. then they would remove it and send it back thru the 'pick-n-place' machine, replace the defective part(s) and the process was started all over again.

Most times the surface mounted item had slipped out of it's spot before it hit the wave solder bath.

We manufactured Monitors... PC's,, modems .. dumb terminals and test equipment items for the service engineers in the field. I left MT in 1989 after working there for 13years in Stock room and Inventory Control where I was the manager of the Inventory Control team of 15 girls/guys.

It was a 65,000sq foot facility not including the three off-site warehouses.. Inventory time took 3 weeks from start to finish. depending on which section of the facility we could be in lockdown not allow out of the building. We had showers and a full restaurant that served 3 meals a day + snacks... 2,900 employees.