Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Canon Image Runner Advance C250 iF copy density in all colors looks light,toner save?

Hi Guys, this box is printing what i think is quite light. like a brother does in toner save mode.
    but i didn't find that feature on it. i needed to leave to get parts for a different printer, so i didn't run the color calibration.

does anyone know if there is a simple key op user choice that might be doing this. the copy quality, color balance everything looks good. just the density looks weak.
    sound like a DC CON reset??

any advice would be great.

thank you very much, Jim

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon Image Runner Advance C250 iF copy density in all colors looks light,toner save?

Re: Canon Image Runner Advance C250 iF copy density in all colors looks light,toner s

That series tends to run light when the drums reach their life.

Re: Canon Image Runner Advance C250 iF copy density in all colors looks light,toner s

Thanks rspicer.
    So, is there a imaging unit counter that allows the cq to go out the window at a preset drum count?
    Meaning, I would think that it would toss out a"replace drums now"and then it starts to go light.
    Or, maybe they just wear out and cq goes light?

At any rate, I thought the supply printout said they were ok, but I will check tomorrow on Wednesday.

I assume a full set of drums is expensive, so I need to know what improvement is expected before I propose that to the customer.

I appreciate your input, and will reply with what I find tomorrow.

Have a nice day, Jim

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have adjusted the Pascal in a C3480 for that kind of thing in the past. It may or may not work for this machine. Some Color engine really like to lighten up when the drums are gone. C3200 was one of them.

Hi techandtrader, yes i remember the C3200. egads. that's where i learned about the dccon to fix colors not registered correctly.

i will look to see if there is a setting you mentioned.

thank you, Jim

This model is known for light prints as the drum life gets close to the end. I found no adjustments to prolong their life. I always felt lucky if I got 100% estimated life out of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

thank you Copylady72 for that.

i did change a black on the IRV C255iF and it really improved the density on that one.

so, i am waiting for the customer to decide to replace them all.

have a great weekend, Jim