Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    25

    send to folder problem

    was working normally iradv c5255 send to folder using win7 and after my costumer upgrade his won to win 10 the problem happend, and unable to see the work group said no response. tried through url and same problem unable to send. i searched on google tried many steps same problem, should i update the machine firmware or what.
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    send to folder problem

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,423
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: send to folder problem

    Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    was working normally iradv c5255 send to folder using win7 and after my costumer upgrade his won to win 10 the problem happend, and unable to see the work group said no response. tried through url and same problem unable to send. i searched on google tried many steps same problem, should i update the machine firmware or what.
    SMB1 scanning was removed due to malware threats.

    you will have to get the SMB2/3 firmware from Canon.

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: send to folder problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    SMB1 scanning was removed due to malware threats.

    you will have to get the SMB2/3 firmware from Canon.
    can i update the firmware through internet
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

  4. #4
    reliable tech
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    berlin
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: send to folder problem

    Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    was working normally iradv c5255 send to folder using win7 and after my costumer upgrade his won to win 10 the problem happend, and unable to see the work group said no response. tried through url and same problem unable to send. i searched on google tried many steps same problem, should i update the machine firmware or what.


    turn on the smb 1 and make sure network discovery and file sharing its on


    special firmware is available on this model for supporting smb2/3 and its not get from internet

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    send to folder problem

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: send to folder problem

    Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    was working normally iradv c5255 send to folder using win7 and after my costumer upgrade his won to win 10 the problem happend, and unable to see the work group said no response. tried through url and same problem unable to send. i searched on google tried many steps same problem, should i update the machine firmware or what.
    Turn SMB v1 back on this was disabled in some Win 10 upgrades.

    If scan then works explain to your customer the security risks associated with SMB v1 if they're concerned install the special SMB v2/3 firmware & trun SMB v1 off again.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  6. #6
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    send to folder problem

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,423
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: send to folder problem

    Quote Originally Posted by mc007 View Post
    turn on the smb 1 and make sure network discovery and file sharing its on
    special firmware is available on this model for supporting smb2/3 and its not get from internet
    Sure enable SMB1. And when your customer gets hit with malware or ransom ware, your boss will be in a law suit.... you could be fired.... and your customer (if infected with ransomware) can lose ALL data or pay high $$$ ransom to get their data back.

    It's techs like you that give us all a bad name.

    SMB1 was disabled by Microsoft. and EVERY MS update will turn SMB1 BACK OFF!

    dumb suggestion!

  7. #7
    reliable tech
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    berlin
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: send to folder problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Sure enable SMB1. And when your customer gets hit with malware or ransom ware, your boss will be in a law suit.... you could be fired.... and your customer (if infected with ransomware) can lose ALL data or pay high $$$ ransom to get their data back.

    It's techs like you that give us all a bad name.

    SMB1 was disabled by Microsoft. and EVERY MS update will turn SMB1 BACK OFF!

    dumb suggestion!

    mr Philip agreed , but if the customer requires scan to folder and machine doesnít support smb2/3 (if the smb2/3 supporting firmware also not available like ir adv c5051 models) . What you will do ?

    In this forum almost every post we can see your comments but only big talks , no solutions so before blaming others you should think what you are !!

  8. #8
    IT Manager 1,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,792
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: send to folder problem

    Quote Originally Posted by mc007 View Post
    mr Philip agreed , but if the customer requires scan to folder and machine doesn’t support smb2/3 (if the smb2/3 supporting firmware also not available like ir adv c5051 models) . What you will do ?

    In this forum almost every post we can see your comments but only big talks , no solutions so before blaming others you should think what you are !!
    Use ftp to scan via filezillaserver

    Scanning with FTP_FileZilla.pdf

    You must also allow filezilla through windows firewall

  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,118
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: send to folder problem

    Quote Originally Posted by mc007 View Post
    mr Philip agreed , but if the customer requires scan to folder and machine doesnít support smb2/3 (if the smb2/3 supporting firmware also not available like ir adv c5051 models) . What you will do ?

    In this forum almost every post we can see your comments but only big talks , no solutions so before blaming others you should think what you are !!
    mc007, you clearly are not a tech or reliable one, if you know what I mean.
    There are many ways to resolve customers request and most dumb(yes I agree with Phil) is one you suggested.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

  10. #10
    reliable tech
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    berlin
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: send to folder problem

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    mc007, you clearly are not a tech or reliable one, if you know what I mean.
    There are many ways to resolve customers request and most dumb(yes I agree with Phil) is one you suggested.
    ha ha

    exactly I know what Iím ! But you people only knows blaming others and named field supervisor..

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here