Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

c2020 windows 10 last release 18362

Hi,

This machine´s have the latest firmware v.48.01. in previous fimware ( 47.70.01) the concerns with smbv1 was overcome, and the machine supports now smbv2/smbv3.
    all the machines i have in the field scan to folder in windows 10, but in this new release of windows 10, all machines that the client update windows stop working the scan to folder. i already change the network to private, stop the firewall, already see if the print & sharing is activate, but nothing. i config with ftp, but i want to know if some tech have discovery the issue that is hapening with this release.

thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    c2020 windows 10 last release 18362

Re: c2020 windows 10 last release 18362

Quote Originally Posted by pLatik View Post
    Hi,

This machine´s have the latest firmware v.48.01. in previous fimware ( 47.70.01) the concerns with smbv1 was overcome, and the machine supports now smbv2/smbv3.
    all the machines i have in the field scan to folder in windows 10, but in this new release of windows 10, all machines that the client update windows stop working the scan to folder. i already change the network to private, stop the firewall, already see if the print & sharing is activate, but nothing. i config with ftp, but i want to know if some tech have discovery the issue that is hapening with this release.

thanks

First thing I do is make sure the folder is properly shared on the network. Is the User ID/PW listed as having "Full Control" on the Security tab?

From the control panel of the machine, see if you can browse to the folder. Sometimes just recreating the SMB scan folder is all it takes.

Are they using the Windows firewall, or a 3rd party (McAfee/Norton/Zone Alarm/etc.)? If it's 3rd party, turning the firewall off doesn't always work. Have their IT person contact the software company to get help configuring the firewall to allow SMB v2/v3.

If they're using Windows Firewall, under Advanced settings/Inbound Rules, make sure all instances of "File and Printer Sharing" are set to "Allow".

...that should get you pointed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    First thing I do is make sure the folder is properly shared on the network. Is the User ID/PW listed as having "Full Control" on the Security tab?

From the control panel of the machine, see if you can browse to the folder. Sometimes just recreating the SMB scan folder is all it takes.

Are they using the Windows firewall, or a 3rd party (McAfee/Norton/Zone Alarm/etc.)? If it's 3rd party, turning the firewall off doesn't always work. Have their IT person contact the software company to get help configuring the firewall to allow SMB v2/v3.

If they're using Windows Firewall, under Advanced settings/Inbound Rules, make sure all instances of "File and Printer Sharing" are set to "Allow".

...that should get you pointed in the right direction.

thanks for the reply. clients do not use 3rd party firewall. they all use windows defender firewall and like i said i turn off outbound/inbound traffic for the private network to see if is an firewall issue. the folder already have the right permissions because all worked in the past. they have the user everyone with full permissions on the folder. file and printer sharing are turned on on windows defender firewall. like i said - in all customers the scan to folder were working in windows 10, but in this last release 18362 stop working. i have in shop a irc5235i with the firmware v56.08 and was doing all tests i remember (i config many scan to folder) and nothing. in the machine i can´t view the shared folder on the network.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

v48.01 do not support smb v2/3, you need a special version and the 47.70 was this special version.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have seen the following service get turned off and cause various scanning issues. Granted turning this on has not always fixed the SMB issues but has solved a few. I have also ran into a few machines that after enabling "Network discovery" changing pages and going back it is disabled again. A couple of the below services controls this also. Again turning the below on may not fix the problem every time but is may help.

Function Discovery Provider Host

Function Discovery Resource Publication

SSDP Discovery

TCP/IP Netbios Helper

UPnP Device Host

DNS Client

Device Association Service