Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon DR G2110

Technician

Canon DR G2110

I have a DRG2110 that is in a dirty environment and jams pretty frequent just based off of the types of paper they run though the machine. When it jams every so often it will lose the job location that is listed on the screen. The customer will have to reboot both their PC and the scanner for it to come back.

Is this a possible firmware bug? Also where can i get the DRUnification tool to update firmware in that case? I've never updated scanner firmware before.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon DR G2110

Re: Canon DR G2110

Quote Originally Posted by SBenda View Post
    I have a DRG2110 that is in a dirty environment and jams pretty frequent just based off of the types of paper they run though the machine. When it jams every so often it will lose the job location that is listed on the screen. The customer will have to reboot both their PC and the scanner for it to come back. Is this a possible firmware bug? Also where can i get the DRUnification tool to update firmware in that case? I've never updated scanner firmware before. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    those files would have to come from the Canon Support site..you can post a request in the Service Manual request forum.. but Contributors to CTN will have a better response to their needs.

Technician

Re: Canon DR G2110

Thanks. I tried to open a support ticket with canon on this but since im not "officially" trained on this model they just hang up on me. Haha. I've always had better luck on this forum anyways.