Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon CLC 3200 Delivery Tray Fault

When printing SRA3 sheets the delivery tray opens. I'm printing onto 280 micron (190gsm) board from the stack bypass, as I've done scores of times. But now when the material gets to the Fuser, the tray shoots out.

This has only recently started to happen. I've tried a few different types of board, but its still happening.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Canon CLC 3200 Delivery Tray Fault

Hello, you know its been years since i had issues like you described, and i am having trouble remembering exactly which one was the fix.
    one issue was inside before the fuser, if you have the Image Runner C3200 there was some duplex guide or tray that gets bent or hung up. i had to fiddle with it for a while to figure out what was the cause. this was before 2007 so i forget all the details.

there was also another time on another one where something onside the left side cover and above the fuser went bad. i cant remember if it was a solenoid, or a motor? but it was a royal pain to get in there. i think there was a guide that is just before the top feed out that got caught. i had to pull off the top, the top cover below that whole top scanner assembly, all the panels on the left side and inner top metal bracket that i think holds a motor and or sensor to get at it.

there was also something with the feed in from the bypass tray where i had to pull out the transfer belt assembly and look in there to figure that out.

sorry for my ramblings, but its been a long time. hope we are talking about the same machine.

if not, my apologies, JIm

Hello, you know its been years since i had issues like you described, and i am having trouble remembering exactly which one was the fix.
    one issue was inside before the fuser, if you have the Image Runner C3200 there was some duplex guide or tray that gets bent or hung up. i had to fiddle with it for a while to figure out what was the cause. this was before 2007 so i forget all the details.

there was also another time on another one where something onside the left side cover and above the fuser went bad. i cant remember if it was a solenoid, or a motor? but it was a royal pain to get in there. i think there was a guide that is just before the top feed out that got caught. i had to pull off the top, the top cover below that whole top scanner assembly, all the panels on the left side and inner top metal bracket that i think holds a motor and or sensor to get at it.

there was also something with the feed in from the bypass tray where i had to pull out the transfer belt assembly and look in there to figure that out.

sorry for my ramblings, but its been a long time. hope we are talking about the same machine.

if not, my apologies, JIm

Hi Jim.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll check them out and see if there's any improvement.
    I used the machine on Friday to print a job out and simply kept pressure on the tray so that it didn't pop out.

Regards

Bill

maybe its the sticky foam on the solenoid, of the paper guide. i have found this on Canon Image runners. and not always easy to get to.but they use a small piece of foam on things that flip one way or the other to keep them quiet. then after a few years, the foam gets gooey, and the guide wont return fast enough.