Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts ReproKev's Avatar

Adv8095 E748-9000

I was replacing the delivery reverse drive assembly for 0113/0213 jams and I got E733 codes when I was done. I swapped main cont 1 and 2 (thinking I damaged them) making sure to keep the counter and all ram/flash chips with the original machine. No fix. I then found that I had pinched the outer delivery sensor wire (ps36) between the drive assembly and the frame. I made sure the wire wasn't broken and routed it correctly.

The e733 codes went away and now I have E748-9000. I tried swapping the original main 1 and 2 back again, still making sure to keep all small chips with the original machine (I marked them with a sharpie). Still have the E748-9000.

I'm thinking of going back to replace the dc cont because that's where the sensor wire that was pinched connects to.

Any other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if it matters, but the main 1 and 2 I swapped were from an 8095 parts machine, not brand new.
    Last edited by ReproKev; 10-18-2019 at 03:12 PM. Reason: more info

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar

Re: Adv8095 E748-9000

have you cleared mn-cont?

Quote Originally Posted by alex@wocltd.com View Post
    have you cleared mn-cont?
    No. I’ll try that when I go back out on Monday.

Went back today and cleared main cont - no fix. Went to swap DC Con from customers 8095 parts machine and things got very interesting. The DC Con had slightly different connectors. HMMM??? Cross referenced the part numbers to find that it was a DC Con from an Adv-6000 model, not an Adv-8095!! Talking to the customer I found out that the 8095 parts machine was bought used a couple years ago from an eBay seller in California (customer is in Maryland) and it never worked right so they made it a parts machine. Seems as though someone either converted a 6000 to an 8095 (to sell for more $?) or somehow got 6000 boards to work in an 8095. Either way, that's what caused the E748-9000 in the machine I'm trying to get running.... the main controllers must've also been for an Adv-6000.

I made sure all boards including ram chips are back with the original machine but I still have the E748-9000.

Is there a way to clear the code other than the normal err code clear in service mode?

If not, what do I need to replace to get the machine up and running again?

Technician

E747 9000 Recovery Procedure
    1, Using service support tool or USB Stick Format the Hard drive both partitions. ALL & DEV
    2, Load the original version of system software back onto the machine but you must use the Overwrite all
    feature to ensure all corrupted software is overwritten.
    3, This will have to be completed on the Original machine and the doner machine as the swopped PCB’s will
    have corrupted the system software.

Found this in a bulletin for 748-9000, may be worth a shot.

Thanks! I’ll have to break out my laptop with SST. Haven’t used it in a while, I’ve been doing all firmware updates through the service mode for a while now. Hopefully I have the 8095 firmware.

I formatted the hard drive and loaded system software with usb stick first then tried again twice with SST. I keep getting E748-9000 when it's done and boots up. I made sure to format all and overwrite all. I did use an old version of firmware though.. tried v45.02 then 40.13 because they are the only ones I have on my laptop.

A week or two before all this happened I had just updated the machine to the latest firmware through the service mode updater. Could that be the problem? The new version installed has to match the version that was previously installed?

Technician

I always use usb so i dont know but i dont think that should matter. Sorry but if you are absolutely sure that you got all the original PCBs installed i dont think i can be of any help. So good luck and hope you solve it.

Engineer senior 100+ Posts giogi's Avatar

E748-9000 Flash faulty

Flash PCB is connector-connected on the Main Controller PCB (1) as a separate PCB and stores a
    minimum system necessary for starting from HDD. System in the Flash PCB is included in the system
    of HDD, so it is upgraded at the system upgrade simultaneously. Flash PCB (service part) is written
    the system dedicated for this machine beforehand. If the Flash PCB has a failure due to power
    discontinuity during rewriting of the Flash PCB, starting with the safe mode might fail. In this case, it
    is required to replace with the Flash PCB