Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Imageclass MF733cdw Has E015

Had a customer walk in today to drop one of these off that has an E015-0000 code. Is there any common failings to these that cause this code that someone might have run into? Machine is only 3 or 4 months old according to the customer. It's still in like new condition.

A power off/on lets the machine cycle back up, you can hear the what sounds to be the cartridges engaging and then about 5 seconds into the start up, the code pops. General looking around google and such suggest a development motor lock, sensor/solenoid operation failure etc.

Is this worth pursuing and if so does anyone out there have the service manual for this unit?

Any help appreciated
    Thanks
    Chris
    TJL Copy

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Imageclass MF733cdw Has E015

Re: Imageclass MF733cdw Has E015

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Had a customer walk in today to drop one of these off that has an E015-0000 code. Is there any common failings to these that cause this code that someone might have run into? Machine is only 3 or 4 months old according to the customer. It's still in like new condition.
    A power off/on lets the machine cycle back up, you can hear the what sounds to be the cartridges engaging and then about 5 seconds into the start up, the code pops. General looking around google and such suggest a development motor lock, sensor/solenoid operation failure etc.

Is this worth pursuing and if so does anyone out there have the service manual for this unit?

Any help appreciated Thanks Chris TJL Copy
    I would NEVER go work on a machine I was NOT familiar with WITHOUT a manual.

per forum rules: ALL service manual request are to be made in this forum:

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

It might behoove you to re-familiar yourself with forum rules:

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

THANKS Phil!
    Is there anyone else out there that might possibly offer some real HELP to the original CONTENT of my question?
    WHAT I was asking is if ANYONE has run into this particular occurrence with THIS model. As THAT information wouldn't be present in the service manual, THAT is why I asked the question the way that I did. Having been in this profession for 20 YEARS, I do tend to think about things BEFORE I randomly post COMMENTS.

But THANKS Phil. Your opinion is duly NOTED!

Chris
    TJL Copy

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I would NEVER go work on a machine I was NOT familiar with WITHOUT a manual.

per forum rules: ALL service manual request are to be made in this forum:

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

It might behoove you to re-familiar yourself with forum rules:

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

What is the subcode?

I have a 735 that just randomly decided to post a e015-0001 which is the lifter mechanism for the tray.

I think manual said if the subcode is all zeros it's related to developer motor lock.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you for the response, I appreciate you taking the time to offer help, instead of garbage. The sub code was indeed all zeroes but in the mean time the customer was able to contact Canon warranty and found out that her machine was still able to replaced through warranty.

Chris
    TJL Copy Products

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    What is the subcode?

I have a 735 that just randomly decided to post a e015-0001 which is the lifter mechanism for the tray.

I think manual said if the subcode is all zeros it's related to developer motor lock.