Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon IR2270 OFFLINE when online - HELP!!!

I have a Canon Imagerunner 2270 which copies fine, wont print or scan, i installed the latest software. It installed, i am able to access it via IP address, says all is ok, but when i try to print, it powers up, then powers down - no printing, when i try to scan, it loads, but then tells me the scanner is offline.

I am using windows 10

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR2270 OFFLINE when online - HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drkovacev View Post
    I have a Canon Imagerunner 2270 which copies fine, wont print or scan, i installed the latest software. It installed, i am able to access it via IP address, says all is ok, but when i try to print, it powers up, then powers down - no printing, when i try to scan, it loads, but then tells me the scanner is offline.
    I am using windows 10 Any ideas? Thanks all!
    what software did you install?

Win10 is causing problems with SMB scanning.

you might have some FIRMWARE to correct that problem, but we need more info.

what type network?
    wired or wireless?
    WSD drivers installed?
    did you check the error log for a non-message error code?

I take it you are an end user, and not a tech?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Are you using the UFRII driver to test your printing? If you're trying to print PCL and the option isn't installed, you'll get this result.

Also what kind of scanning are you attempting to do? TWAIN, email, folder etc.

Chris
    TJL Copy

I am using windows 10

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I am using windows 10

Any ideas?

Thanks all!
    Has this machine ever printed?

You may not have a N boot rom fitted this was an optional extra.

Press the 123 counter button check device configuration IR2270N.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what software did you install?

Win10 is causing problems with SMB scanning.

you might have some FIRMWARE to correct that problem, but we need more info.

what type network?
    wired or wireless?
    WSD drivers installed?
    did you check the error log for a non-message error code?

I take it you are an end user, and not a tech?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Thanks for the reply

- I am end user
    - Wired network
    - Drivers off Canon Website
    - No errors in log
    - No error messages
    - Scanning works on some PCs but not all
    drivers used were off Canon Website for IR 2270 PCL6, but I tried PS and the others.... no difference, when you give print command, the copier warms up, then powers back down.

Unsure of firmware version, cannot seem to find an update for this

Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Thanks for the reply

- I am end user
    - Wired network
    - Drivers off Canon Website
    - No errors in log
    - No error messages
    - Scanning works on some PCs but not all
    drivers used were off Canon Website for IR 2270 PCL6, but I tried PS and the others.... no difference, when you give print command, the copier warms up, then powers back down.

Unsure of firmware version, cannot seem to find an update for this

Thanks
    OK...

If the copier doesn't HAVE the PCL or PS option installed, those print drivers will not work. Use the Canon UFR II drivers instead, and that should address your printing issue.

As far as scanning goes, Microsoft is slowly phasing out SMB version 1 for the more secure SMB v2/v3, but since the iR2270 model was released in 2004, the likelihood of a firmware update to even ALLOW SMB v2/v3 is pretty slim. With updated email security these days (SSL/TLS), scan to email is probably out of the question as well.

You might have to install Color Network Scangear and use it as a "Pull" scanner instead. Either that, or it's time to upgrade the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    OK...

If the copier doesn't HAVE the PCL or PS option installed, those print drivers will not work. Use the Canon UFR II drivers instead, and that should address your printing issue.

As far as scanning goes, Microsoft is slowly phasing out SMB version 1 for the more secure SMB v2/v3, but since the iR2270 model was released in 2004, the likelihood of a firmware update to even ALLOW SMB v2/v3 is pretty slim. With updated email security these days (SSL/TLS), scan to email is probably out of the question as well.

You might have to install Color Network Scangear and use it as a "Pull" scanner instead. Either that, or it's time to upgrade the machine.
    +1 to your comments guitar9199..
    not familiar with CSN.. is that like an OCR or ?

MicroQuirk(soft) has really slid down hill since Win7 ( really 95/xp ) but really how many people are going to even try and learn Linux or similar OS.

manufactures build obsolescence into every product. each decade the life span gets shorter.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

+1 to your comments guitar9199..
    not familiar with CSN.. is that like an OCR or ?

MicroQuirk(soft) has really slid down hill since Win7 ( really 95/xp ) but really how many people are going to even try and learn Linux or similar OS.

manufactures build obsolescence into every product. each decade the life span gets shorter.

CNSG (Color Network Scangear) is basically TWAIN software for "Pull-Scanning" documents into an application such as Adobe Acrobat, Time Matters, etc. It requires the page to be pulled with the software directly into the app, not a folder or a scan to email program. If you save it to your computer from the program you pulled it with, THEN you can attach it to email.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    CNSG (Color Network Scangear) is basically TWAIN software for "Pull-Scanning" documents into an application such as Adobe Acrobat, Time Matters, etc. It requires the page to be pulled with the software directly into the app, not a folder or a scan to email program. If you save it to your computer from the program you pulled it with, THEN you can attach it to email.
    Thanks yeah.. when you mentioned "Pull" I thought it had to be a variation of sorts of a TWAIN!

Thanks Brother!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks yeah.. when you mentioned "Pull" I thought it had to be a variation of sorts of a TWAIN!

Thanks Brother!

If you were scanning SMB before to some computers that are now not able to on Windows 10 there are a couple of quick things to check. As mentioned before, a copier of that age will most likely need to have SMB 1.0 turned back on. If you open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features, you'll find "Window's Features." Scroll down the page until you see SMB 1.0 which will likely have a black box next to it. Open the drop down and check all 3 options. You'll have to do a restart for the changes to take effect.

*This was changed as part of the attempt to block the WannaCry virus that was going around a couple of years ago but should now be caught by most of your over the counter anti virus software*

You can also check your advanced sharing settings under "Network and Internet" in the Control Panel. Windows updates on Win10 have a sneaky habit of turning most of the file and printer sharing off by default.

Hope this helps