Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    12

    Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    I am having Canon IR3230, but machine is not booting, only green light is on,no display i think problem is with RAM, where can i get the Ram, my machine is having BUFFALO 512MB 533Mhz Cl4, i have attached the old ram, please suggest where i can buy the new ram i am from india
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,526
    Rep Power
    220

    Re: Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    Quote Originally Posted by suresh968 View Post
    I am having Canon IR3230, but machine is not booting, only green light is on,no display i think problem is with RAM, where can i get the Ram, my machine is having BUFFALO 512MB 533Mhz Cl4, i have attached the old ram, please suggest where i can buy the new ram i am from india
    RAM might not be the problem.. suggest further trouble shooting .

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    RAM might not be the problem.. suggest further trouble shooting .
    checked power supply it is ok, removed RAM and again inserted no result, rechecked all the cables, (i don't have any spare RAM to Check)

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,526
    Rep Power
    220

    Re: Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    Quote Originally Posted by suresh968 View Post
    checked power supply it is ok, removed RAM and again inserted no result, rechecked all the cables, (i don't have any spare RAM to Check)
    More than likely your system files need to be reloaded. Yeah you have cheep ram in it.. doubt that is the problem.. could HDD be dead?
    .

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts MunsterTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    limerick
    Posts
    322
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    I agree with Phil, i have found usually when this happens the firmware is corrupted or HDD is U/S.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ram Required for Canon IR3230


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,449
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    Format or replace HDD & reload system software using the SST tool.

    Been awhile. Don't that machine have a "Boot" Rom that looks like stick of ram?

  7. #7
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,526
    Rep Power
    220

    Re: Ram Required for Canon IR3230

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Format or replace HDD & reload system software using the SST tool.

    Been awhile. Don't that machine have a "Boot" Rom that looks like stick of ram?
    NVRAM or HDD I think.. maybe an NVRAM 8 leg? i bet he didn't switch that cchip if on board!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here