Senior Tech 100+ Posts

iRADV6555i error code E 748-2010

Good day guys,

Lately we have this iRADV6555i with error code E748-2010. Order a new flash ROM from our Canon local here with part number FM2-K887.(part number given by Canon)

We fix the new flash Rom boot the machine up but once boot error code E748-2010 will appear. We can't go to service mode to cancel the error and you can't go to service mode press 2 and 8 to flash the firmware. The panel display will freeze with this error code only. Any step need to follow when you change a new flash ROM or is the part number correct from Canon ?

Cause what I know flash ROM for Canon mono copier and color machine is different right ? Any clue guy ? Thank you

Re: iRADV6555i error code E 748-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Guy View Post
    Good day guys,

Lately we have this iRADV6555i with error code E748-2010. Order a new flash ROM from our Canon local here with part number FM2-K887.(part number given by Canon)

We fix the new flash Rom boot the machine up but once boot error code E748-2010 will appear. We can't go to service mode to cancel the error and you can't go to service mode press 2 and 8 to flash the firmware. The panel display will freeze with this error code only. Any step need to follow when you change a new flash ROM or is the part number correct from Canon ?

Cause what I know flash ROM for Canon mono copier and color machine is different right ? Any clue guy ? Thank you
    If you can't get into service mode and the panel is still locked up in the same code, it most definitely sounds like the hdd. I would replace the hard drive and reload the firmware.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Copylady72 View Post
    If you can't get into service mode and the panel is still locked up in the same code, it most definitely sounds like the hdd. I would replace the hard drive and reload the firmware.

Hi Copylady72,

Thank you for your response. As mention the machine locked up with error code once you "ON" machine. We can't enter save mode in service mode 2 & 8 to reload the firmware. But we did try swap the HDD from a working condition to this unit and same error code appear when you "ON" the machine.

Any step to follow to flash the firmware ?

Hi Copylady72,

Thank you for your response. As mention the machine locked up with error code once you "ON" machine. We can't enter save mode in service mode 2 & 8 to reload the firmware. But we did try swap the HDD from a working condition to this unit and same error code appear when you "ON" the machine.

Any step to follow to flash the firmware ?
    Does the HDD you swapped come from an identical device? If it is better to start with a blank HDD on the newer generation devices. Are you trying to load the system software from a USB stick?

If you unplug the HDD and power on, do you get an E602 error?

Does your device have an encryption kit installed?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Copylady72 View Post
    Does the HDD you swapped come from an identical device? If it is better to start with a blank HDD on the newer generation devices. Are you trying to load the system software from a USB stick?

If you unplug the HDD and power on, do you get an E602 error?

Does your device have an encryption kit installed?

Hi Copylady 72,

Replying your question :- 1) Yes the HDD is working condition from another unit and is the same model iRADV6555i
    2) Yes we trying to load the system from a USB stick (We try this same USB stick in other machine which can boot the firmware)
    3) When we unplug the HDD and power "ON" the machine still appear error code E748-2010
    4) The device don't have encryption kit installed

Hi Copylady 72,

Replying your question :- 1) Yes the HDD is working condition from another unit and is the same model iRADV6555i
    2) Yes we trying to load the system from a USB stick (We try this same USB stick in other machine which can boot the firmware)
    3) When we unplug the HDD and power "ON" the machine still appear error code E748-2010
    4) The device don't have encryption kit installed
    If you are still getting an E748 error with the HDD disconnected, there is still an issue with the Flash pcb OR the main controller pcb.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    iRADV6555i error code E 748-2010

Good day guys,

748-2010-00 Flash PCB error / HDD error

Detection Description IPL (startup program) was not found, or the HDD could not be recognized.

Remedy [Related parts]
    - Cable between the Main Controller PCB 1 (PWB01/J6003,J6004) and the HDD (Unit of
    replacement: CABLE, HARD DISK DRIVE, 1)
    - SATA-FLASH PCB (PWB03)

[Remedy] Perform the following in the order while checking whether the error is cleared.
    1. Disconnect the cable between the Main Controller PCB and the HDD, and turn ON the main
    power.
    a. When the error code has not been changed:

1. Obtain the necessary backup data by referring to the backup data list.
    2. Enter safe mode using (2+8) startup, and execute [4] Clear/Format> [2] Flash Format (Flash
    format) using a USB memory.
    3. After replacing the Flash PCB, reinstall the system software using SST or a USB memory.
    4. Restore the backup data.
    b. When the error code has been changed to another one, see the remedy for the corresponding
    code.

[Reference] For backup and restoration, refer to "Adjustment> Main Controller System" and
    "Appendix> Backup Data List" in the Service Manual.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    748-2010-00 Flash PCB error / HDD error

Detection Description IPL (startup program) was not found, or the HDD could not be recognized.

Remedy [Related parts]
    - Cable between the Main Controller PCB 1 (PWB01/J6003,J6004) and the HDD (Unit of
    replacement: CABLE, HARD DISK DRIVE, 1)
    - SATA-FLASH PCB (PWB03)

[Remedy] Perform the following in the order while checking whether the error is cleared.
    1. Disconnect the cable between the Main Controller PCB and the HDD, and turn ON the main
    power.
    a. When the error code has not been changed:

1. Obtain the necessary backup data by referring to the backup data list.
    2. Enter safe mode using (2+8) startup, and execute [4] Clear/Format> [2] Flash Format (Flash
    format) using a USB memory.
    3. After replacing the Flash PCB, reinstall the system software using SST or a USB memory.
    4. Restore the backup data.
    b. When the error code has been changed to another one, see the remedy for the corresponding
    code.

[Reference] For backup and restoration, refer to "Adjustment> Main Controller System" and
    "Appendix> Backup Data List" in the Service Manual.

Thank you for the information. Will try the method