Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Help required with ir3225

try clearing this

Service Mode> Copier > Function > Clear ><MN-CON>

​clear it twice

Quote Originally Posted by howling View Post
    and there is a workaround in cases of postscript if you dont have one

in the print options just print it as image coz postscript are generally for special fonts and character features and i would presume

you just want it to print right..

Hi howling,

It isn't that my friend. On inspection, it is that it's an absolutely basic machine - it has scanner and fax facilities and other than that it is a copier. When I took ownership of the machine I was told that it had printing capabilities, but it appears that it doesn't. I can send a print job to the machine using the UFRII driver, or the PCL driver, or the PostScript driver, but all that happens is that the machine receives it and then generates NG #853 as an error. So I determined that it did not have a printer kit installed. As most of the ones I saw on the 'net or on eBay were way out of my price range, I bought the PostScript printer kit AA1 as that's all I could afford (from eBay). When I came to install it that's when the beast told me that there wasn't enough memory to execute the license and with wcanonw's and teckat's input I've established the type of memory for the machine, and the fact that in order to install this printer kit I need the 512MB memory expansion kit.

Regards

Dave

Hi howling,

Just saw your last thread. Tried that at the outset. Read about it on a different site from Google. No joy. That's partly why I came to the conclusion that there was no printer kit installed. On the Canon specs it says that UFRII is standard on the IR3225N machine, but doesn't say anything about the IR3225 machine, which lead me to believe that it would be an option to get printer capabilities.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Dave

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave2709 View Post
    Hi wcanonw.

Thanks for your help. I'm still unsure about the memory required - as in if there is an alternative to Canon's memory, but have managed to come across an original piece on eBay and have purchased it, so it's very much watch this space.

Just a quick question if you don't mind: can you tell me what the error #853 is? There seems to be a multitude of opinions on the 'net, but have no clue as to what it is.

Other than that I'll leave the discussion as it is for now until the memory turns up. And of course, millions of thanks to yourself and Master Teckat.

Regards

Dave
    hello it's good that you do the test with the 512mb ram memory, send some photos to the forum so that you can help yourself.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

In the service manual there is no information about error # 853. There are only some related # 851 and # 852
    # 851: There is insufficient memory remaining in the system. Check the system's available memory, and delete unnecessary documents in the
    inboxes.
    The memory for image data is full. Erase unnecessary documents to make more memory available.
    The scanned document cannot be stored because there are more than 2,000
    documents in the specified inbox.
    Delete unnecessary documents from the specified inbox.
    # 852: An error occurred because the main power switch was turned OFF while a job
    was being processed.
    Check to see if the main power switch is turned ON. Try processing the job
    again, if necessary

well lets see coz if youre having an 853 code it only means that printer kit is installed its just that its not executing the command properly (well that's base on my training though i could be wrong) but anyways thats what i usually do when i encounter that code (if reset does not work).

then for the postscript i just teach the users to print it as image if they dont want to purchase the ps kit plus the memory which is kinda killer in the pocket

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave2709 View Post
    Hi howling,

Just saw your last thread. Tried that at the outset. Read about it on a different site from Google. No joy. That's partly why I came to the conclusion that there was no printer kit installed. On the Canon specs it says that UFRII is standard on the IR3225N machine, but doesn't say anything about the IR3225 machine, which lead me to believe that it would be an option to get printer capabilities.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Dave
    hello how are you doing with the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by wcanonw View Post
    hello how are you doing with the problem?
    Hi.

Still waiting for the additional memory to turn kit to turn up. However, I've read the posts from yourself and wcanonw carefully now and I've seena but in one of wcanonw's which days that the UFR II kit has to be activated before I can activate the PS kit.
    I read that only 40 or so minutes ago.
    If that is the case then all is pretty much in vain as I'm not going to be able to use the printing facility until I've purchased a lot for the machine (a UFRII/PCL kit, that is).
    Unless I'm missing something here that is.

Probably best that I suspend this post it mark it as solved for now so I don't end up wasting people's time over it.

Thanks anyway.

Dave

Hi.

Sorry about that howling. I was replying on my phone - predictive text and all that jazz.

What I meant to say was that I might as well mark the post closed or suspended (if that's possible) if I can't get the thing to print in any case because of a lack of a kit for UFR II on it - it is just a basic machine and as far as I can tell it won't print until a UFR II kit is installed as that isn't standard (the machine is the IR3225, not the IR3225N).

On reading wcanonw's post and further delving into the service manual there's the bit that says that UFR II has to be activated (in the service manual it says PCL) before the PS kit can be used. I'm guessing that the PS kit emulates PostScript but still uses the underlying rendering engine for printing purposes.

Other than that I've just been told that the memory kit ram-A1 is turning up in the next day or so. It may help with the #853 error, but on reading the above I think I'm hunting around for a UFR II/PCL kit now :-(

Thanks anyway for all your help.

Dave