Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Imagerunner C5045 - paper jam - delay paper sensor 42

Hi

I have cleaned all the rollers with IPA, to remove any grease etc.

I changed the M22 motor as i detected a slight burning smell, upon later inspection it turned out to be a laminator that had been left on

I have had the occasional page make it through the device but only maybe 1 in 30 sheets.

I keep going back to the main drum drive replacement , is it possible that a trapped wire is causing this? i'm loathed to take it all apart when i'm just not convinced it would cause this, also the user had reported noise and paper jams before the replacemnt.

I've sent an A3 sheet through and that stops in the same place, there's no squew on the sheet.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Hi

I have cleaned all the rollers with IPA, to remove any grease etc.

I changed the M22 motor as i detected a slight burning smell, upon later inspection it turned out to be a laminator that had been left on

I have had the occasional page make it through the device but only maybe 1 in 30 sheets.

I keep going back to the main drum drive replacement , is it possible that a trapped wire is causing this? i'm loathed to take it all apart when i'm just not convinced it would cause this, also the user had reported noise and paper jams before the replacemnt.

I've sent an A3 sheet through and that stops in the same place, there's no squew on the sheet.
    hello it is very difficult for the drum unit to generate paper jam.
    if you try to change or check the transfer unit

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

let's go back to the beginning of the problem:
    1.- Does the printer use original or compatible toner?
    2.- When the paper jams in the fixing unit, is the print or copies in full color or text?
    3.- The main motor of the defective drum you tried in another printer to know if the noise that was generated was due to the motor?
    4.-The fixing unit is new or remanufactured with compatible parts, possibly the film belt of the unit requires internal lubrication with special grease.

4.1.- Fixing separation guide, FC8-5043-020, probably not transferred from the old assembly to the new one.

Usually, the two leaf springs, Item 5, FC6-9471-000, are missing as well.

When re-assembling the upper fixing belt assembly it is possible to install the separation guide plate incorrectly.
    When installed properly there should be .5mm or less gap, it should not touch the belts surface, between the separation plate and the fixing belt. If installed incorrectly the gap between the fixing belt and the separation plate would be much larger, approximately 1 to 2 mm.
    5.- check the link of this publication

Canon IRA C5235 Cyan paper jam.

6.- The last thing would be to carry out tests on heavy paper, if the same thing also happens using that heavy paper.

7.- please send photo of the test print (test page 10 and 6)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

check
    Attached Files Attached Files

The printer has original toners

the printer jams on both 6 and 10 print types.

The whole drum drive was take off another device that has been kept for spares, we change the whole thing as these devices are known to have an issue with the gears in the main drum drive, causing noise until they seize up completely.

The fixing unit was swapped with one in a working printer next to the broken one. So it rules out any issues with the fixing unit itself. As the paper jammed in the exact place in the new unit.

This is a real head scratcher

Will go back later in the week to try heavier paper

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Imagerunner C5045 - paper jam - delay paper sensor 42

Jam code 0109?

That's a PS-42 sensor delay jam. Remove the 2nd/3rd Delivery unit, and check the activation flag on top. I've seen those pop out along one edge and it will cause that code. Also check the spring on the flag...make sure it's actuating properly. If the flag hangs up, you'll get that code too.

Good luck.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    hello it seems to me that the paper is entering moved to the fuser unit, if you discard with another paper tray or check the size of the paper well

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The printer has the finisher E1 or the finisher J1, could you disable the finisher or change the paper exit path, setting the options on the LCD control panel