Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir4235 strange problem

Ir4235 strange problem

Customer didn’t purchase from us. I just came by to do setup on it. Has 80k. Anyway they scan letter/legal mixed packages. The problem is this:
    When scanning (not copy mode, it works correctly), and choosing “different size originals” it scans everything 2 sided through the feeder. Even though 2 sided originals isn’t selected. Oddity. I tried this scanning to mailbox also and it reacts the same way. And the 2 sided originals button isn’t highlighted, only different size originals button!

But then if I’m in copy mode and scan different size originals, it does it one sided, single pass, as it should unless I select 2 sided. I have several of these and have never seen this.

so as for now. They are not selecting different size originals, but then it scans everything legal when there is a legal in the packet.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ir4235 strange problem

Re: Ir4235 strange problem

If "2-Sided" is highlighted in orange on the display, it HAS been selected. By default on scanning...even with mixed size originals, it should be single sided. Check and see if someone changed the default settings to something other than single-sided, and you should be good to go.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir4235 strange problem

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    If "2-Sided" is highlighted in orange on the display, it HAS been selected. By default on scanning...even with mixed size originals, it should be single sided. Check and see if someone changed the default settings to something other than single-sided, and you should be good to go.
    That’s the thing, it is NOT highlighted. But when you select different size originals it scans both sides of the original. Even tho the two-sided original button is still NOT highlighted. As long as the different size originals is off it will scan one sided as it is supposed to. It is like pressing different size originals turns on duplex scan also. Even tho that button doesn’t highlight. I thought maybe there was a service mode setting maybe. Very strange to me.

again if you don’t select different size originals, it scans single sided

Senior Tech 250+ Posts ReproKev's Avatar

I would install the latest firmware, then initialize all data to bring it back to factory defaults. Make sure you make note of all network settings so you can re-input them after initialization.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

May need a MMI clear. print everything out before hand.