Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    ImagePress C1 false paper jam

I have an ImagePress C1, and upon startup, I get a paper jam warning in the reverse paper path area just past the fixing unit. Previously, I could get past it when I pulled out the drawer, opened and closed the 2 hinged paper path covers, and pushed in the drawer. It seemed to get worse as time went on, and now it won't get past the jam indicator. After cleaning the 2 sensors and spraying contact cleaner on the 2 drawer connectors with no success, I finally swapped out the whole drawer from a working unit and it gives the same phantom jam. So it does not appear to be anything directly related to any sensor or connector that is part of the drawer. I verified that the handle is fully pulling in the drawer and the rollers at the back of the drawer latch are not loose. When I latch the drawer, it is fully seated, as I can't push the drawer in any further. I'm wondering if it is something with the connectors on the main body of the C1 at the back where the drawer slides into. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: ImagePress C1 false paper jam

Mystery is solved. Upon checking the jam code log in service mode (thanks, Ron), I could see that PS15 was the sensor that was sending the jam signal upon startup.
    PS15 is in the fixing unit. The screw that held the bracket for the sensor was loose, and tilted the sensor enough so the flag was across the sensor path all the time. I simply tightened the screw, and all is good!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victoryprinting View Post
    Mystery is solved. Upon checking the jam code log in service mode (thanks, Ron), I could see that PS15 was the sensor that was sending the jam signal upon startup.
    PS15 is in the fixing unit. The screw that held the bracket for the sensor was loose, and tilted the sensor enough so the flag was across the sensor path all the time. I simply tightened the screw, and all is good!
    It is very rare for the screw to loosen up that easy, regardless of a bad manipulation, the good thing is that you solved the problem

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victoryprinting View Post
    Good find.Thanks for sharing.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself