Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon IR c5051: Image Quality Issues

New to fixing these things. Have a 20+ yr background in computer repair and diagnostics. Generally able to figure out most things, butt on the rare occasions like this one. I'm just stumped as the where to begin.
    Work for a small large format printing and design shop.
    We don't make the kind of money that can afford use to hire Canon techs to fix things and haven't needed to in a very long while.
    We usually are about to troubleshoot and fix most problems we've had so far.
    Yesterday we started getting uneven prints with both color and blacks. Posting an image below. We've replaced the drum and rollers with know working ones.
    So any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
    IMG_0814.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon IR c5051: Image Quality Issues

Quote Originally Posted by xcalibur2k View Post
    New to fixing these things. Have a 20+ yr background in computer repair and diagnostics. Generally able to figure out most things, butt on the rare occasions like this one. I'm just stumped as the where to begin.
    We don't make the kind of money that can afford use to hire Canon techs to fix things and haven't needed to in a very long while.
    Yesterday we started getting uneven prints with both color and blacks. Posting an image below. We've replaced the drum and rollers with know working ones.
    IMG_0814.jpg
    hello the problem is thick paper or bond paper

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Canon IR c5051: Image Quality Issues

Re: Canon IR c5051: Image Quality Issues

Quote Originally Posted by xcalibur2k View Post
    IMG_0814.jpg

Very long while is where color machine gets you.

Meter count on the machine? If it's north of 500k or it has been 5 years since last service.

Other than already mentioned paper stock issue, it can be the "foam" roller you see on the door.

If it appears flat, you need to replace it. (compare to dish washing sponge, new vs old).

This is only the beginning...
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Technician

Smile Re: Canon IR c5051: Image Quality Issues

Hello,

Sorry for posting in this thread, but I'm sure the readers can help me.

I have a C5051 with GX300 and the hdd of the GX300 has failed. Now I replaced for a new HDD but I haven't got the System Software and User Software DVDs.

Can you send me The system software for GX-300 for C5051? ISO files sent by wetransfer will be gratefully accepted. No need phisical support.

comercial@ofiexpertos.com

Thanks in advance.