Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Reset System Pin/Login

Have a customer who recently purchased a new machine through us and is wanting to terminate their lease with a Canon dealer. The dealer is being a real problem in requirements to return the machine. They now want the machine cleared but the default pin/login is not working. I assume this is to require a service call to pull more money from the customer. Is there a way to reset the system pin and login details to enable the format/clear of the hdd?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Reset System Pin/Login

Re: Reset System Pin/Login

Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Have a customer who recently purchased a new machine through us and is wanting to terminate their lease with a Canon dealer. The dealer is being a real problem in requirements to return the machine. They now want the machine cleared but the default pin/login is not working. I assume this is to require a service call to pull more money from the customer. Is there a way to reset the system pin and login details to enable the format/clear of the hdd?

pull the HDD put a hole in it with a screwdriver.. install new HDD

You should not have to clear the machine if your returning to dealer? Only if the customer wants there data removed? IE email accounts etc....... useless information.
    You can change the default pins on Canon's that most likely why the default pin does not work, if you really need it contact there old service company to supply it to you or the customer can request if needed.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Reset System Pin/Login

You can clear the user ID code from service mode > copier>Function>Clear>PWD CLR then power off/on (from memory may differ slightly)

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You can clear the user ID code from service mode > copier>Function>Clear>PWD CLR then power off/on (from memory may differ slightly)

Thank you! Did exactly this and was able to get in and initialize data! I love this site.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Reset System Pin/Login

Thank you! Did exactly this and was able to get in and initialize data! I love this site.
    I agree its helped me many times over the years so I always try to give back advice where I can!

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk