Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    26

    Reset System Pin/Login

    Have a customer who recently purchased a new machine through us and is wanting to terminate their lease with a Canon dealer. The dealer is being a real problem in requirements to return the machine. They now want the machine cleared but the default pin/login is not working. I assume this is to require a service call to pull more money from the customer. Is there a way to reset the system pin and login details to enable the format/clear of the hdd?

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Reset System Pin/Login

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    6,232
    Rep Power
    119

    Re: Reset System Pin/Login

    Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Have a customer who recently purchased a new machine through us and is wanting to terminate their lease with a Canon dealer. The dealer is being a real problem in requirements to return the machine. They now want the machine cleared but the default pin/login is not working. I assume this is to require a service call to pull more money from the customer. Is there a way to reset the system pin and login details to enable the format/clear of the hdd?

    pull the HDD put a hole in it with a screwdriver.. install new HDD

  3. #3
    IT Manager 1,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,057
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Reset System Pin/Login

    Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Have a customer who recently purchased a new machine through us and is wanting to terminate their lease with a Canon dealer. The dealer is being a real problem in requirements to return the machine. They now want the machine cleared but the default pin/login is not working. I assume this is to require a service call to pull more money from the customer. Is there a way to reset the system pin and login details to enable the format/clear of the hdd?

    You should not have to clear the machine if your returning to dealer? Only if the customer wants there data removed? IE email accounts etc....... useless information.
    You can change the default pins on Canon's that most likely why the default pin does not work, if you really need it contact there old service company to supply it to you or the customer can request if needed.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Reset System Pin/Login

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,933
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Reset System Pin/Login

    Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Have a customer who recently purchased a new machine through us and is wanting to terminate their lease with a Canon dealer. The dealer is being a real problem in requirements to return the machine. They now want the machine cleared but the default pin/login is not working. I assume this is to require a service call to pull more money from the customer. Is there a way to reset the system pin and login details to enable the format/clear of the hdd?
    You can clear the user ID code from service mode > copier>Function>Clear>PWD CLR then power off/on (from memory may differ slightly)


    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Reset System Pin/Login

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You can clear the user ID code from service mode > copier>Function>Clear>PWD CLR then power off/on (from memory may differ slightly)


    Thank you! Did exactly this and was able to get in and initialize data! I love this site.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Reset System Pin/Login

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,933
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Reset System Pin/Login

    Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Thank you! Did exactly this and was able to get in and initialize data! I love this site.
    I agree its helped me many times over the years so I always try to give back advice where I can!



    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here