Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

IPF8400 hardware errors

Hi guys, my ipf8400 has been giving me the same two errors for the last couple weeks and was hoping someone here could help with it.

The error comes after every 2 or 3 prints, and it's either a 2F26 which prompts for a restart of the machine, or a 2F13 which again prompts for a restart only this time it's always followed by a 2F26 upon restart.

The error always occurs at the end of a print, at the last pass as far as I can tell, while the carriage is moving to the left, before the carriage returns for cutting the paper. The carriage always stops on the right side of the printer on top of the paper. If I move the carriage to its parking position manually and then restart the printer the error clears, If I leave the carriage there and restart the printer the error persists on startup.

I got a visit from a Canon technician who opened the printer up and cleaned the shaft, rail and encoding strip, but the problem was not resolved. He now suggests a replacement of the motherboard, but as the printer's got a lot of mileage on it (8000 square meters and over 50L total ink used) and the motherboard replacement is very costly, I was hoping maybe it was possible to resolve the problem without replacing such an expensive part, otherwise maybe I would be better off purchasing a new printer instead.

I've read in a couple of posts about the same error on earlier models and how it was caused by defective flex cables or motor power cables and that it was an easy and inexpensive fix, don't know about that, I was hoping maybe someone in this forum with experience in repairing the specific printer could jump in and add his two cents.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Last edited by hiniscostas; 12-22-2019 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo