Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

canon ipf 680 03800500-2f47 error

Canons not usually my thing, but asked to look at it anyway. Originally had 'printhead error' after installing new printhead, no error code. Didn't know what else to think, so had customer get another one in case it was bad out of the box. He put in another one & came up with 03800500-2f47. I cleaned out the head management sensor & around it the best I could & reseated connection. Did nozzle check in service mode & it got a 03800500-2f30 error. Manual didn't enlighten me too much about it. Power cycled it again in regular mode, & it went to 'printhead error again with no error code.
    First, I'm thinking of replacing the head mgmt. sensor. Is there anything else I should worry about checking ? Second is, since it said ph error again, did it get spoiled & now it needs another one ? Or hopefully it's only because of what ever error they have already ? I hope I don't need another one.
    Thanks to all who have expert insight to this potential problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: canon ipf 680 03800500-2f47 error

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    Canons not usually my thing, but asked to look at it anyway. Originally had 'printhead error' after installing new printhead, no error code. Didn't know what else to think, so had customer get another one in case it was bad out of the box. He put in another one & came up with 03800500-2f47. I cleaned out the head management sensor & around it the best I could & reseated connection. Did nozzle check in service mode & it got a 03800500-2f30 error. Manual didn't enlighten me too much about it. Power cycled it again in regular mode, & it went to 'printhead error again with no error code.
    First, I'm thinking of replacing the head mgmt. sensor. Is there anything else I should worry about checking ? Second is, since it said ph error again, did it get spoiled & now it needs another one ? Or hopefully it's only because of what ever error they have already ? I hope I don't need another one.
    Thanks to all who have expert insight to this potential problem.
    hello in service mode you must delete the spindle error history, also check the firmware version if it is an old firmware try to update to the latest firmware version

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

if the problem persists rule out with carriage pcb or main board

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you for replying so quickly. I still wonder though, do I have to worry about a spoiled print head ?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    Thank you for replying so quickly. I still wonder though, do I have to worry about a spoiled print head ?
    the ink cartridges are original?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The cartridges are original.
    Also, have looked for spindle error history in the manual under service mode. Haven't spotted it yet. Could it be called something else ?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by wcanonw View Post
    if the problem persists rule out with carriage pcb or main board
    I am able to print in Service mode. Firmware on my IPF785 is up to date at Version 1.5 Cleaned the print head, any other suggestions?? Thanks for your help in advance.
    Mark

Hello!

I'm facing the same problem with one iPF770. Have you been able to solve it now?

Thanks and greetings
    Ano

Quote Originally Posted by Ano View Post
    Hello!

I'm facing the same problem with one iPF770. Have you been able to solve it now?

Thanks and greetings
    Ano

Hey Ano - any luck with this error code on the iPF770?
    I'm having the same issue. I power down, wait, power up as it says, but continue to get the error code. Can't proceed at all to reset or check firmware, etc...

Weird thing is, it came up after printing a set of plans. Went to print more pages and got the error code.

Unfortunately not. The customer has now purchased a new plotter.