Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Plymouth, IN
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    15

    Ir1025if download standby

    Just need my memory refreshed on this problem. Always had IR1023's have this problem and fixed it by

    updating the software. I tried that with an IR1025if but the when I plug in the usb cable the computer won't

    recognize the machine. Service Support of course errors out. Did I forget something? I remember having to

    change an IP board for this problem but it's been long time.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ir1025if download standby

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    7,868
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Ir1025if download standby

    Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Just need my memory refreshed on this problem. Always had IR1023's have this problem and fixed it by

    updating the software. I tried that with an IR1025if but the when I plug in the usb cable the computer won't

    recognize the machine. Service Support of course errors out. Did I forget something? I remember having to

    change an IP board for this problem but it's been long time.

    is memory FULL?

    are you trying to update FIRMWARE?

    have you tried USB thumbdrive update?

    is it formatted @ FAT32?

    is it 2GB or less?

    is there lights on the drive?

    kinda lost on what the exact problem is.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Plymouth, IN
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Ir1025if download standby

    The Canon IR1025's don't have a port for thumb drives. They are pretty old machines. It doesn't have a hard drive.

    The Download Standby message was a common problem. More so with the 1025's predecessor the 1023's. When it

    is stuck in this mode you cannot access anything.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ir1025if download standby

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    1,053
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Ir1025if download standby

    I saw someone suggest trying to get into Service Mode and doing an "All Clear", but it's been my experience that the only way to fix this is to either reflash it or replace the IP PCB Board... but since this machine is discontinued, I doubt you'll be able to get the part. I checked Hytec and they don't even support this model anymore. It came out in 2008, so you're looking at a 12+ year old machine.

    ...Upgrade opportunity?

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ir1025if download standby

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    1,053
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Ir1025if download standby

    Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Just need my memory refreshed on this problem. Always had IR1023's have this problem and fixed it by

    updating the software. I tried that with an IR1025if but the when I plug in the usb cable the computer won't

    recognize the machine. Service Support of course errors out. Did I forget something? I remember having to

    change an IP board for this problem but it's been long time.

    You have to go into Service Mode and put the machine in Download mode for SST to see the machine.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Plymouth, IN
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Ir1025if download standby

    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    I saw someone suggest trying to get into Service Mode and doing an "All Clear", but it's been my experience that the only way to fix this is to either reflash it or replace the IP PCB Board... but since this machine is discontinued, I doubt you'll be able to get the part. I checked Hytec and they don't even support this model anymore. It came out in 2008, so you're looking at a 12+ year old machine.

    ...Upgrade opportunity?
    Yes. I just wanted to cover the bases. Thanks to all who replied!

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    680
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Ir1025if download standby

    Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Yes. I just wanted to cover the bases. Thanks to all who replied!
    Just had one the other day software fixed a year ago but not this time. Had another used machine and took main board with the chips it had on it to fix. There are pins (more like solder joint) you have to short on main board first before you can try to update software.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here