Canon Advanced C5235a wont scan to Windows 10

Exclamation Canon Advanced C5235a wont scan to Windows 10

Hi All,

First off, Thanks for your help! I got a customer that has a Canon IR C5235A. They are trying to scan to Windows 10... had Windows 7 earlier and was scanning just fine.

They have recently updated to Win 10 and now they can not scan to desktop...

Firmware shows 26.01... Do you know if that will work for SMB scan to Windows 10 or am I beating a dead horse and need the latest firmware?

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks

Second Round

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon Advanced C5235a wont scan to Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRound View Post
    Hi All, First off, Thanks for your help! I got a customer that has a Canon IR C5235A. They are trying to scan to Windows 10... had Windows 7 earlier and was scanning just fine.
    They have recently updated to Win 10 and now they can not scan to desktop...
    Firmware shows 26.01... Do you know if that will work for SMB scan to Windows 10 or am I beating a dead horse and need the latest firmware? Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks Second Round
    firmware

Engineer senior 100+ Posts giogi's Avatar

you need special firmware
    54.58 provide support for SMBv2/v3 The firmware can be downloaded also from the CDS Server using ID & psw.

iAC5255-v.5458

"Knowledge is a source, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea."

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I think the regular firmware updates now support the protocols so the " Special firmware" is no longer a must have because the newest firmware will work too.

Engineer senior 100+ Posts giogi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techandtrader View Post
    I think the regular firmware updates now support the protocols so the " Special firmware" is no longer a must have because the newest firmware will work too.
    I’m not so sure.
    Are you sure about this?
    "Knowledge is a source, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea."

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You are right. These are the changes I had in mind.

New Support]Encryption algorithms TLS1.1 (SSL3.2) and TLS1.2 (SSl3.3) are now supported.

For Windows 7Regarding file Transmissions, exceptions for ‘File and Printer Sharing’ (with SMB), ‘FTP Server’ (with FTP) need to be enabled in Windows firewall.-Enabling Windows Firewall exception registrationHow to seta.Open 'Start' -> 'Control Panel'. b.Open 'System and Security'.c.Open 'Allow a program through Windows Firewall'.d.Press 'Change settings'.e.Check the checkbox of 'File and Printer Sharing' for SMB transmission, and 'FTP Server' item for FTP transmission. Click 'OK' to exit the screen. •There are three types of checkboxes; Domain, Home/Work (Private), and Public. Select the appropriate ones according to the use environment.

SMB The Sharing Settings gets reset with updates so that needs done and the SMB1 under programs and features..Client and server need to be added back.
    Its important to not get confused if you cant Browse the network at the machine. You can still SMB scan with a good config and be unable to browse or ping in a #751 problem. ??? Not much help... there. Good Luck. Mcafee and Norton are two programs that should be set to allow folder access. Bit Defender.